ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Mount!!!

Clio 182
Im pretty sure that the gearbox mount on ma 182 has gone so im looking for another one. I was on here the other day and went on a link to another websote which went on about a uprated one.

Does anybody know where i can get an uprated one from?

Clio 182
which one? the lower one - dogbone? if so somewhere like kam racing or ktec will have them

Im not sur eyet cos not had a chance to have a look. Just when driving along the gear stick seems to vibrate quite alot and when coming off the accelerator the gear stick seems to move excessively.

How much are they both?

yep sounds like the dogbone to me, i finally got mine swapped last week after having the powerflex bush for about a year and i didnt realise how dead my old one must have been. huge difference, gear lever no longer wobbles when accelerating either.....

Clio 182
yep sounds like the dogbone to me, i finally got mine swapped last week after having the powerflex bush for about a year and i didnt realise how dead my old one must have been. huge difference, gear lever no longer wobbles when accelerating either.....

Is it something i can replace myself? Just asking as on k-techs website it says that the old one needs to be pressed out so will i need a press? If not does anybody know how much it would cost to get it replaced.

Clio 172 RS2
You should be able to replace the bushing yourselves, with the add of a vise.

But err. you sure? Gearstick wobble... Exhaust banging... sounds familiar to you?

Removing the old mounts out the dogbone mount can be a pain in the arse, I had to cut mine out, that's probably the most difficult thing to do. I got my uprated mounts from LarkSpeed on Ebay. Be prepared for extra cabin rattle when you do uprate them though.

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
With the ones I can get you replace everything, I'll get some pics up tomorrow, I have one on mine and there great

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
the k-tec dogmount make alot of difference.
much better.

iv been through 3 gearbox top mounts!
the cast alloy bracket snapped in half!
and the 3rd time a bolt sheared!