ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearboxes to a valver

just want to know - has anyone fitted a non-clio I gearbox ?

i heard that boxes even from alguna 1.8 16v will fit, but not perfect to the engine and need changing the left mount? same with 19 16v?

how about a Clio 2 1.6 16v box? - it;s said to fit either, again- some problem with a gap? between box&engine... and that left mount again - is this left mount unscrewable? one said that Clio 2 1.6 16v is a funny one (believe its shorter gears)

im confused... what to look for?

erm, i know 440 and 480 volvo stuff fits - i just fitted a volvo turbo clutch to my williams engine, i think the boxes are the same too

Ray

hehe... now im even more confused.. but i will not look for volvo box :)...

thx

anyway sorry for putting a stupid questions but its often hard to find an answer looking through the posts

R5GTT boxs are supposed to fit,

it all seems like alot of hassel when its easy enough to pick up a R19 16v Box for sensible money and they bang straight on

BMW 320d Sport

Well its an interesting idea if youre after a super short box from a later Clio. But the 19, 16v and Willy boxes are all interchangeable.

""Well its an interesting idea if youre after a super short box from a later Clio""

well its just an idea, not even mine... someone posted it at one of polish forums... pointing that it would be a lot of fun having such an item between engine and wheels :) (between the lines you could read that he did this...)

""Is the 19 16v box different? Longer gear ratios?"" i guess so and i think the mounts are a little different arent they?