ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearstick dropped

Clio 172
My mrs had a new gearknob fitted to her 1.2, but since it has been done there is a lot of up/down movement in the gearstick. The stick moves up/down but the reverse lift mechanism doesn't move, and also the nylon ball at the bottom of the stick doesn't move so I assume that isn't broken. Also when moving the stick up and down it sounds as if there is something touching on the heatsheild.

Any ideas before I climb under it in the rain :(

1.2 16V Dynamique
Hey guys, I'm having a similar problem… I fitted a gear knob to mine, gave it a little force and it sounds as though something has come loose and it's dropped. I can change gear, but there is definitely some contact now where there wasn't before 😞 Needing some help on this pretty quickly as I have a long journey tomorrow!

Clio 182
There's a big circlip under the car that holds the gearstick in the plastic housing.
Sounds like you've popped it out and nothing other than the leather gaitor is holding it in.

1.2 16V Dynamique
There's a big circlip under the car that holds the gearstick in the plastic housing.
Sounds like you've popped it out and nothing other than the leather gaitor is holding it in.

Do you know by any chance what that part is called? Do you have to replace the entire gearstick selector?

Clio 182
It's just a internal circlip.

You won't need the whole stick.
If you disconnect the linkage then remove the bolts from inside the car and lift it all out then you will see what's missing.