ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Geearbox oil.....

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Just bought TRJ 75w80 gearbox oil and was quoted £12 a litre !!!!

is that right? or have Camden ripped me off?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

I got quoted a silly amount for elf TRZ from my local dealer. Ended up going for Millers oil in 5 litres for 30 quid.

At these silly price you are better off going for Millers or Redline (both tried and liked) or Silkolene.

I thought the TRJ & TRP G/Box oils (V6 only) were ONLY available through the Reno dealer network.............not even Total Butler can supply it.

Also Chris if its a 172 you have I thought it was TRZ.

As for the price all I can say is that Reno were going to charge £60 to change it (including the oil).

Cya Stu

ICE'dberg MK2 172

It was them that told me it was TRJ....:mad:

Where is the best place to confirm this..... onlly wanted to get some for a top-up as I think the box is leaking again :(

Well Chris you can phone Total Butler and they will tell you via thier technical department.............or contact Reno customer services and ask to speak to Renos technical department.

But I still think youll find its TRZ and that is only £4.50 per litre...........as I say the TRJ & TRP are specifically designed and produced for the Vee........thats not to say you couldnt or shouldnt use either in a 172/182.

Cya Stu

PS the tel no for Total Butler is 01977 603363 and ask for Debra and if she is not available just ask to be put through to their technical department.

[Edited by stusV6 on 05 July 2005 at 7:32pm]

I changed mine to TRJ and its brill. It says its for JB,JC,JH and JR boxes on the can so its fine in a 172.