ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Genuine Renault Service Tool Needed Kent

Clio sport 182
So, I have taken the time that this COVID virus given me to complete a number tasks that are overdue on my little 182 clio. Cambelt included.

Whilst doing the job have realised that the amount of room between the chassis and the engine is tiny and after a little think to myself I decided to remove the engine out and replace clutch etc all parts being genuine.

After doing a little research I have decided that my little F4R needs to be timed with the genuine Renault tools and especially when I am fitting genuine Renault parts.

Anyone in or around Kent selling genuine renault F4R timing tools at all? Would even hire one for a few day.

Also can anyone tell me if these 182's came with a ported inlet as standard? As I removed the inlet I was surprised to see the ported have as rough a finish as they have. Pictures to follow 👍

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Did you get this sorted? I'm in Surrey and would be happy to lend the tools out.

From memory the inlet manifold runners have a cast finish while the inlets ports on the head have a CNC finish, not much point in smoothing them tbh. If the inlet is stamped RS then the match is better, mine was pretty good (not sure if there is anything else different about them though.

IMG_20200405_154128.jpg

IMG_20200418_183742.jpg

Clio sport 182
Did you get this sorted? I'm in Surrey and would be happy to lend the tools out.

From memory the inlet manifold runners have a cast finish while the inlets ports on the head have a CNC finish, not much point in smoothing them tbh. If the inlet is stamped RS then the match is better, mine was pretty good (not sure if there is anything else different about them though.

View attachment 1476923

View attachment 1476925
Ah right. I have the same as you re the RS stamped manifold. I thought it a little strange to see a non cast finish in the ports.

Looking to complete my Clio rebuild by end of next week between jobs. Just about to tackle the leaky rocker and timiming belt renewal tomorrow. Haven't attempted one for years but have the Clio f4r 730 manual, genuine parts AND timing tool. Thought I wouldn't chance using some Wong tong tools that would risk leaving my valves planted into pistons 🤣🤣