ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

George's BG 182 Track/Race car project

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Right I've had the 182 for a almost 2 months now.

I was looking out for the right one for a while and this one popped up. So I got a lift all the way to Pembrokeshire from south east London and then I've drove the 182 home :D.

The car was up for more than I wanted to spend, but there's bits on it that I have sold/going to sell to get back some money.

It's done 55k miles, got Bilstein B14's (which I will be selling) and Turinis that I have potentially sold.

I was told the belts were done but no proof...I am going to do them regardless.

I have bought it to enter into the 182 Cup Series with the 750 Motor Club and aim to be out for the beginning of next season.

Pics of the car when I got it home

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
I then took the bumper off, removed the fogs and washer jest.

Then all the A/C stuff off apart from the pump.

image.jpg

image.jpg

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Since then, I've removed the original exhaust and bought a Ktec ultra performance one with a de-cat

I removed all the sound deadening pads from inside the car with a hot air gun and scraper. It actually wasn't as bad a task as I had thought from reading other people's threads.

My plan is to first get the engine mechanically sound, by doing:

cambelt
dephaser
aux belt
water pump
clutch
spark plugs
ARP bolts
Magnecor leads

Ive got an A/C delete kit from a 172 cup, so I'll be fitting this when I do the engine stuff.

I think it would be worth my while taking the engine out to complete all these jobs

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Some goodies I've bought for the car
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 126
  LYV6, 182, R5GTT
A new Valeo clutch kit arrived today :approve:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 106
  LYV6, 182, R5GTT
I've had to by some Cup hubs and drive shafts, as the coilovers the series are using are Cup fitment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 110
  LYV6, 182, R5GTT
The rain got the better of me last weekend, although I did manage to get the rad out and remove the alternator, a/c pump and bracketry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 111
  LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Right, no major progress unfortunately. I have bought a few bits from Adam on here ready for when I take the engine out the a couple of weeks.

I've bought an oil pump, big end bearings, a crank pulley with a keyway, inlet manifold gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, oil filter, sump gasket and water pump.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 113
  LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Oh and I've done these 2 chaps as well. Obviously they will need securing before being fitted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 103
  Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Ah awesome, he's a good friend of mine!

car was tidy enough in his ownership, ill keep an eye on this :)

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Ah awesome, he's a good friend of mine!

car was tidy enough in his ownership, ill keep an eye on this :)

You're right it is a tidy motor.

He still owes me a wheel, so when you next speak to him give him a gentle reminder for me ;)

You're right it is a tidy motor.

He still owes me a wheel, so when you next speak to him give him a gentle reminder for me ;)

I'll be getting on it when i get back from Scotland :) just up seeing the inlaws. I've kept your txt with your address so i'll txt you once i've arranged a courier.

Good progress on the car btw it will be nice to see it being used properly.

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
RIGHT. Finally a space has appeared at work, so I've got the car in to get the engine out.

I'm here now and going to get it out tonight!

Pics to follow...

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
image.jpgAfter taking this out the hole and started to take apart today, I'm now on a Clio mission all weekend to get a load of jobs done all by Sunday!

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
image.jpg

PLEASE excuse the terrible pictures. I've got oily hands and trying to take pics and upload on an iPhone isn't ideal.

Any way, must crack on, will update later