ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Get Ready for iPhone.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Not long then, ill be getting one when there avaliable. :D

Proabably pack up in a week tho lol.

1 Series Coupe
Looks really good... i wonder why they didnt put a better camera on it? The nokia n95 has a 5mp camera :S

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sadly although the internet and phone apps MAY work in the uk, the rest of the phone wont.
It uses some pretty odd authorizing software that needs to be placed before base stations.

Unless this stuff is added in to a particular network *tmobile cough mvno cough* then dont expect full functionality out of the box (in the uk, assuming you could buy them sim free- which you cant and wont ever be able too do.)

57 Clio Campus Sport
I would be straight down to the shop to get one when they come out if it had a 5mp camera. But ive had a phone for over a year that has a 2mp camera so by then it will nearly be 2 years since 2mp cameras started on phones and all the cheap ones will have them. Everything else about it is amazing though.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
TBH its all you need.

The iphone will never be a "sim free" product. It needs network ties to function.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
thats a good way to put it. You want the looks, but would like something extra as well.

Griff's on the ball tonight!

172 Cup
thats a good way to put it. You want the looks, but would like something extra as well.

Griff's on the ball tonight!

lol not at all mate but owning a K800i with what I consider an absolutely excellent camera built in I'd never "go back" to a 2 mexapixel camera and I'm a bit baffled why Apple didn't go with something else.

That aside it does look a nice bit of kit.

The N95 has similar functions to the I-Phone plus an exelent 5mp camera.

i will probably get one, but i will wait a couple of months after uk release to see what they are like to live with.

I can see that display getting a few scratches pretty soon.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Here's one for daz! Where was i today?

Picture100-35-28.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Ever tried texting or emailing on a touch screen like that? pmsl...good luck.

No, nobody has.

Don't really get the PMSL/good luck bit (unless you are an apple developer or have access to a delorean) With the exception of the Prada which we all know is s**t. this is the first of its type, and the prada's ui isnt even that advanced.

Previous touch screen phones have been stylus based, never had any problems with those.

Well done griff! pretty easy really.

i think it will be great, hopefully an onscreen qwerty keyboard in landscape mode

Ever tried texting or emailing on a touch screen like that? pmsl...good luck.

No, nobody has.

Don't really get the PMSL/good luck bit (unless you are an apple developer or have access to a delorean) With the exception of the Prada which we all know is s**t. this is the first of its type, and the prada's ui isnt even that advanced.

Previous touch screen phones have been stylus based, never had any problems with those.

Indeed, p800, p900 etc nightmare without the keypad, incredibly slow and clumsy.

I like the Iphone, think its a great all in one deivce with a pritty gui. Just cant see it working well with everyday phone useage...you cant beat a good keypad for texting/emailing.

Monaro VXR
Think I will keep my XDA. No mms, no 3G, no keyboard its pretty but its just lacking behind other PDA type phones I personally think.

Can tell its designed for the American market primarily as its out of date here compared with most other current phones.

It looks nice, but frankly I'll stick with my UberSmall Sammy calcualtor phone. It's the size of a credit card and slips in my pocket. Also I can talk to people on it ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No, nobody has.

Indeed, p800, p900 etc nightmare without the keypad, incredibly slow and clumsy.

I like the Iphone, think its a great all in one deivce with a pritty gui. Just cant see it working well with everyday phone useage...you cant beat a good keypad for texting/emailing.

:S P800, P900, P910 commonly regarded as the best series of smart phones ever made??
UIQ 2.0/2.1 was NOT slow, incredibly ahead of its time!!

Focus ST-2
find all these phones totally pointless, all i do is text and speak on my phone, can never be assed with all this other s**t.

I have my ipod for music and my camera for taking pictures.

:S P800, P900, P910 commonly regarded as the best series of smart phones ever made??

Who said anything about the actuall phone :S I had both :) I was refering to texting process using the touch screen....you know...in context with my other posts.

I just wish it did Wireless Sync to an OSX Server for Mail, Contacts and Calendar.
It looks like Mail is OK with Push IMAP, Contacts only sync with Address Book and Yahoo! and Calendar appears to only sync via iTunes.

If it synced wirelessly, with my own server, whilst I was out and about, it'd be a perfect device.
Let's hope some revisions come. Windows Mobile 5/6 does this if you run your own Exchange server, so this should too.. but again, Apple don't tend to aim for this sort of market :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Who said anything about the actuall phone :S I had both :) I was refering to texting process using the touch screen....you know...in context with my other posts.

Just a bizzare comparison, the handwriting recognition was second to none.
On screen tap keyboard was pretty crap but then you never use it!
If your using your finger on a stylus based device then there's something wrong with you.