ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting coilovers fitted tomrorow

So i'm getting coilovers fitted tomorrow afternoon but was just after a bit of advice really because at the moment my tracking is out and on most roads the car tends to drift to one side if I let go of the wheel (it varies between left and right and it is more violently than just because of the camber of the road) so was thinking is it worth getting other bits sorted too? I'm not very mechanically minded but things like ball joints or track rod ends etc?

Any advice would be nice. I'm assuming the tracking will get sorted when the coilovers have been fitted?

Clio 172 Cup
Get on a flat car park and hold the wheel central. If it doesn't wander left or right then it's not the tracking. Given that it goes with the road camber/surface then it's more likely just tramlining because of the tread pattern or iffy tyre profiles.

What size wheels are you running? This sort of thing tends to be exaggerated by large rims with really low profile tyres or tyres with unidirectional "V" type treads.

Clio 172
So i'm getting coilovers fitted tomorrow afternoon but was just after a bit of advice really because at the moment my tracking is out and on most roads the car tends to drift to one side if I let go of the wheel (it varies between left and right and it is more violently than just because of the camber of the road) so was thinking is it worth getting other bits sorted too? I'm not very mechanically minded but things like ball joints or track rod ends etc?

Any advice would be nice. I'm assuming the tracking will get sorted when the coilovers have been fitted?

A full Wheel alignment will need to be done after the coilovers are fitted.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
A full Wheel alignment will need to be done after the coilovers are fitted.

Leave it a week though for it to settle because if you get it done straight away it will more than likely go out slightly. You wont burn through tyres in a week.