ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting ready for a wedding......(photos inside)

Shot another wedding yesterday......I keep saying I'd never do it again as I get so freaking nervous and worked up lol!

As always, I went to the brides house early, and messed about with (probably) my favourite lens, the Sigma 85mm 1.4.

Got narrow DoF!? ;)

DSC2850.jpg

(I was also asked to take a few photos of their cat....as you do :))

DSC2856.jpg

DSC2932.jpg

DSC2971.jpg

DSC3049.jpg

DSC3090.jpg

DSC3110.jpg

Still going through the actual wedding shots, and haven't even touched the reception photos yet.

This is probably my favourite from the wedding itself (the couples son):

DSC3149.jpg

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Nice pics, you say you got nervous? Our photographer knelt down to take a pic as we left the church and split his trousers in half lol.

Bus w**ker
Awesome shots Dan, love how sharp your glass is (ok I don't I'm insanely jealous...).

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
lovely DOF on that! great lens!

understand the nerves too! Got a wedding to do in a few weeks myself.....always question yourself.....everything will be fine :)

Thanks Tigger, just going through the rest. Delivering them on Friday, hope they like them.

Getting paid too! Yes, for the first time ever, I charged someone for my photos!

Honda. Tesla Someday
I've said it so many times, and I'll say it again;

Dan = Photography God! F*cking EPIC!!!!!! I love your work.

If I ever decide to bite the bullet and get married, I wouldnt want anybody apart from you taking the pics!

Thanks guys, means a lot :)

I went to see another couple at the weekend, I'm doing their wedding in a few weeks. REALLY nice venue, should be a very extravagant wedding indeed.

This will be the wedding that decides if I want to carry on doing it. There is so much pressure it's unreal.

I'll be hiring another lens as I want to have the best photos I can possibly do too!

"Navy" N17 TWO
What's the widest lens you can use on the D3, compared to the lenses on a crop body?

I'd imagine a fisheye on a full frame is out of the question lol

2.2 bar shed.
Fast lenses!

24mm f1.4.

Really think it will help for those super narrow wide angle shots.

24 1.4 is my ultimate want lens as a club photographer. Been thinking about chopping in my 24 - 70 for one for ages... :S

What's the widest lens you can use on the D3, compared to the lenses on a crop body?

I'd imagine a fisheye on a full frame is out of the question lol

Dont Nikon have a FF fisheye? Theres no reason you cant as long as they project a big enough image circle. Canon are certainly ahead on the fisheye front, the 8 - 15 is EPIC.

I think they do, but I wouldn't touch one personally. Certainly not at a wedding!

Still torn between the 24mm 1.4 and new 35mm 1.4.

Decision!!!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I think they do, but I wouldn't touch one personally. Certainly not at a wedding!

Still torn between the 24mm 1.4 and new 35mm 1.4.

Decision!!!

Awsome Photos Dan!

I would personally if I had the choice go for the 24mm f1.4 - I currently have the 35mm f1.8 DX and find 35mm useful but also restricive at the same time. I think you could cover alot more with the 24mm

I think that's what I'll end up going for. I'll make the arrangement for hiring one when I get back to the UK. I hope I don't really like it, or I'll end up buying one lol!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I need a bloody loan lol and a hell of a lot more skills to keep up with the gear too :eek:

EDIT
Samp if you're selling your 24-70 - ahh-em lol

Last edited:

DB.

BMW 440i
Knowing the standard and style of your photo's, I have to say I can see these being better than the majority in terms of wedding photo's!