ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gilmore Foam Gun + super snow spray

190 BHP Willy 2
Anyone got one and got anything to say about them, good or bad?

Thinking about buying one.

Do you just spray it on car, use a wash mitt to clean and rinse off? or do you still need to use 2 buckets of water etc. Can you turn foam off and use bottle to rinse car or do you have to put normal end on hose to rinse etc.

How long would say 1litre of foam last?

Sorry about all the questions and thanks.

Scott

106 GTi
I have a Gilmour, expensive but worth it IMO.

Depends what ratio you run it on to how long the container lasts. I get loads of washes out of mine using it with neat soap on the lowest setting. Superspray is basically a canyon spray connected to hose and dont think it cant give you accurate dilution ratios as the Gilmour will.

On the daily drive I foam the car, use one bucket and a mitt, rinse and dry. You can get stronger cleaners that allow no mitt just foam and rinse, but I am not convinced they wont strip waxes aswell.

On the 182 I foam, then use the 2 bucket method, then rinse.

To rinse the Gilmour just unconnects with a standard hozelock connection allowing you to use the hose as normal, or the bottle foam bit has a quick release connector allowing you to use the trigger handle part of of it to control just water.

190 BHP Willy 2
I'd prefer to keep the chemical's weak TBH.

So would i need to rinse the foam off before i start washing?

190 BHP Willy 2
Sorry about all the questions. I'm a big hand wash fan but heard good things about the gilmores and always have 3 cars to wash most weeks. my daily runner, my williams and the mrs's cc. Just thought it might make my life a bit easier.

106 GTi
I rinse the car with the hose first. Then foam the car, the idea is the foam slides off the car taking the dirt with it before you use a mitt on it. This takes a few mins, while that is going on, fill your wash buckets etc. I don't rinse again just go straight to the mitt/bucket wash when the foam has slid off.

To save more time worth getting an Aquagleam filter so you dont have to dry.

190 BHP Willy 2
I was wondering if the foam slides off or not.

I dont mind drying, don't take that long. I use a hydra blade and a autoglym synthetic chamois. Done in 5 mins.

I prefer to dry anyway, means i can study the car / paint then.

Thanks for the answers mate.

Going to order one now :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
if u have a power washer , put some foam in the bottle there then use that, i have tried it and it works for me, i find it works best with the foam on a dry car as the foam can cling to the dirt, if u have a powerwasher use the attachment there and a snow foam, the gilmour is seriously cool though, but i find the foam with the powerwasher removes dirt well enough
1litre of foam will last for ages, a little goes a long way,
i use the foam slightly diff to rich, (but both ways are on detailing world)to lift the dirt off the car by powerwashing it off)then rinse again and wash car properly this way less crap is on your car before u start swirling the mitt around

Last edited:
  190 BHP Willy 2
Pain in the arse getting pressure washer out all the timer though means running extensions etc. Hose is easy hence the gilmore chain of thought.

Dont worry i'd make sure asll s**t is off last thing i want is scratched paint.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
maybe depends on how u use it, i think rich uses it by letting the foam slide off whereas i like blasting it off, and the latter of the two ways can be done for a quick wash as it take alot of dirt easier (lazy-arse option)but the former is prob a better way of cleaning the car in general, either way its like a degreaser for the dirt if u catch my drift and im surprised as this foam stuff can really loosen up dirt and make washing easier.

If your looking to have a dead quick wash id say use the powerwasher if u want to wash it thoroughly but quicker and safer then use the gilmour

but i guess on other hand taking power washer out etc isnt really a quick wash lol

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I can't believe people moan about setting up a pressure washer , takes about 10 mins , then wash , polish ,wax etc... their cars for 5 , 6 or more hours , lol .

I use my pressure washer all the time . First remove all the loose dirt with a good blast , then i run a short hose into a 25 litre fermenting bin from a home brew shop , costs about a tenner . Fill it with warm water and a couple of capfuls of shampoo , any shampoo will do , but i usually use the extreme wash n wax from carwashnwax . Then soak the car with foam , let it dwell a while then blast that off with the pressure washer and then continue with the 2 bucket method of washing the car .

I've never used a gilmour , but imo i think they are alot of money for what they are considering a pressure washer is only 20 - 30 quid more .

3Small.jpg

2Small.jpg

1Small.jpg

'18 Megane dci
As you can see, we have some very big birds Lancashire! ;)

Seriously though, looks like it does the job perfectly.