ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

girlfriends 1.4 16v

Twingo GT
oh my god... well my girlfriends family insisted on taking her clio to our local dealer to get it an service... well that turned out fatal for them!

They forked out £800 for a damn service!!!

oil, sparks, discs and pads and a couple of minor things other than that? like wth?!
2days later the rear lights stop working full stop... she takes it back and they charge her a further £300 for plugging in the wiring to the back of the light?

somebody tell me why people insist on using dealers for little things like this?
Is it just me that thinks this is obsurd? (not sure on that spelling)

Let me just clarify, you're saying a dealer charged £300 for a problem they created, which was resolved by plugging a wire into a light?

Twingo GT
you can say that again!! its ridiculous! then her family moan they got no money? its like wtf?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
major service = £229
discs and pads = £170 fitted (approx)
minor items = lets say £50

thats about £450

£300 to reconnect rear lamp loom

You talk s**t

Twingo GT
no i dont talk s**t i can even get the damn receipt so dont tell me i talk s**t, i havent paid for it i just dont get why people pay tht kinda money...

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
no i dont talk s**t i can even get the damn receipt so dont tell me i talk s**t, i havent paid for it i just dont get why people pay tht kinda money...

get the invoices scanned up then

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
a 'Gold' service is currently £199 all in.

Discs & pads are about £160 fitted

Diagnostic time is on a per hour basis, so probably about £45p/h at a 'normal' dealer rate + fee to plug into clip if they did that.

Sorry but I don't believe you, dealers are usually more than local garages for various reasons, but based on what you've told us it doesn't add up.

Twingo GT
as i said, she rung me told me it was £800, she put the receipt in front of me... it was brake discs and pads, service and some other things too...

ClioSport 172 (2003)
Come on guys why would he lie?

It wouldnt suprise me in the slightest! Women in a garage = chaaa chinnnnnggggggggg!

Make a complaint to the manager and ask how you can escalate it. Your Mrs has definetly been robbed or as they old saying goes 'they saw her coming'

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
wen i got a quote from renault i was told that labour was £139.99 inc vat. so i wouldnt be suprised with an £800 bill.

needless to say i didnt go ahead with the work.

Listerine & Poledo
I like to have all the evidence before I make a judgement. Its good to provide an impartial view.

When I said "blood" I meant "any reference to women"

Where have you been anyway, there was a need for illustrations on another thread these last couple of days... where some blokw blamed an X5 for almost making him crash just because it was there.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
wen i got a quote from renault i was told that labour was £139.99 inc vat. so i wouldnt be suprised with an £800 bill.

needless to say i didnt go ahead with the work.

lol they saw you coming, do you look a bit funny?

1.5 Clio Dynamique
2days later the rear lights stop working full stop... she takes it back and they charge her a further £300 for plugging in the wiring to the back of the light?

QUOTE]

to plug in the light is a 2minute job no parts should of been used

=

garages hourly rate would work out to be 9k per hour

That 800quid bill doesnt look too bad now!

Twingo GT
okay... £800 was abit over... the invoice was for £700 instead...

it was discs and pads
oil change
new plugs
oil filter
air filter
bonnet release lever
and 3 new bulbs...

S4 Avant
okay... £800 was abit over... the invoice was for £700 instead...

it was discs and pads
oil change
new plugs
oil filter
air filter
bonnet release lever
and 3 new bulbs...

why did you not man up and do that lot for her?

£700 for that is rediculous.

Theres not even £300 worth of parts there!

Milltek'd clio 182
i see a blue 3 door cruising up an down orpington an there a few of you in the car, coz i recognise you have angel eyes dont you?

Twingo GT
nhh not angel eyes, i usually have alot of people in car tho... K33R JJ... if u see tht... its me

Twingo GT
i always look out for a silver 182 but dont know your plate, so i dont know if its you or not

Milltek'd clio 182
nope havent seen it, but i will keep an eye out i send you a link to my one, so you can keep an eye out, i post a link mines the silver one