ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Girl's reaction's to your RenaultSport?

S'trollin on size 7s
My missus loved mine when it was clean, she thought it was "a sexy car".
she moaned how much she wanted one like mine when looking through AT but as a first car it just wasn't going to happen..she ended up with a Dynamique

I see what badger is saying personally. Regardless of what anyone says, 85% of people are going to buy a car that reflects their taste and style, wether it be colour or model and usually both. People on here clearly care what others think about clios, or else they wouldnt have joined a clio community, they are mixing with peers who respect and like that Clios and who want to talk about them. I can very clearly see why someone wouldnt want to be seen in a car that didnt reflect the image they wanted you portray about themselves. If image didnt matter, then all car manufacturers wouldnt bother bringing out new models and spending so much on design.

Anyone who says they dont care about car and image are either in the tiny minority or lying. Its like someone saying they'd wear a really s**t looking jumper froma jumble sale as a jumper is a jumper.

I also agree its a very stuck up thing to admit, which is why not many people will back up what i am saying.

Heh, well our respective car choices obviously reflect very different ways of thinking. You drive the most phallic car since the E-Type, in the most fashionable colour - I drive a badly made French girls car. Surely that in itself tells you something (and not just that you earn more than me!) - Of all the Clio owners on here how many do you think bought a Clio because they thought it would make them look cool, more successful or more attractive to women? Only the terminally cretinous I would suggest. It'd be silly to suggest that no one cares at all what others think but I think it varies tremendously person to person in the amount it influences your final decision on what to buy. For me personally what others think is a very small part of it. Obviously for others it's a much bigger factor.

I expressed surprise not so much that someone could be influenced by their image but by the fact that they could allow what others think to change their mind about something they professed to love.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Most recent reaction was just laughing when I opened up the throttle(s), followed by "Such a chav".

Must admit though, I do cringe at the noise a bit when I have a girl in the car... Epic mind...

Ph1
If a Clio Sport is chavy what the hell does this make a V6 Clio, Evo's, Scooby's, Cosworths etc etc etc

Probably about the least chavy hatch going.

My girlfriend has never moaned at it once! - Even had a random bird come up to me in a club asking about it :eek:

PH2 172, Kangoo
Less chavvy than chicken paxo, 106gti, vxrs and the like IMO

Depends entirely on the person viewing the car and how they think.

EDIT: Although IMO, if a car is standard, how can it be chavvy.

Chavvy to me =

-Wonky bean can exhaust
-Limo tints
-Monster stickers
-Off the shelf sub and 6x9's
-Neons
-Tiny engine
-Cheap (as in sub grand) and tatty

If a Clio Sport is chavy what the hell does this make a V6 Clio, Evo's, Scooby's, Cosworths etc etc etc

Probably about the least chavy hatch going.

It makes them not hatchbacks, and cars chavs buy when their finance deal on the Clio is up and the insurance quotes become more friendly.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Wow I can't even be bothered to read through all my own thread now!

She got in the car for the first time yesterday... only thing she said she liked was the lights around the mirrors, to be expected I suppose, she does spend half her life looking in the f**king mirror.

Wow I can't even be bothered to read through all my own thread now!

She got in the car for the first time yesterday... only thing she said she liked was the lights around the mirrors, to be expected I suppose, she does spend half her life looking in the f**king mirror.

Popping her spots?

White clique
Heh, well our respective car choices obviously reflect very different ways of thinking. You drive the most phallic car since the E-Type, in the most fashionable colour - I drive a badly made French girls car. Surely that in itself tells you something (and not just that you earn more than me!) - Of all the Clio owners on here how many do you think bought a Clio because they thought it would make them look cool, more successful or more attractive to women? Only the terminally cretinous I would suggest. It'd be silly to suggest that no one cares at all what others think but I think it varies tremendously person to person in the amount it influences your final decision on what to buy. For me personally what others think is a very small part of it. Obviously for others it's a much bigger factor.

I expressed surprise not so much that someone could be influenced by their image but by the fact that they could allow what others think to change their mind about something they professed to love.

It will take a while for you to realise, but you've just massively contradicted yourself and proven my point. For starters i've had a 172, 182 and 197 and regardless of the fact they are now cheaper than when i bought them, they are the same car. And the reason i bought them is because at the time, they were class leading. Therefore i was buying a car i knew that would be good, and have the respect of other car enthusiasts (as opposed to those who just think its a clio). So on that basis i probably bought it for the same reason as everyone else on here. Therefore forgetting how it looks, lots of people on here buy the car for kudos as well as actual ability.

So to your point, people DO actually think they look cool in a Clio - and the people they are impressing are the likes of those on this forum, not the fannies outside McDonalds (well, maybe!). Buying a 182 etc is the same thing as buying an e-type, its just those who are impressed by such cars are a different crowd thats all. You only have to turn up to a Clio meet to witness this.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Re: Girl's reaction's to your Clio sports?

Had to explain in great detail tonight to a girl mate of mine the reasons for taking my car to Fred instead of a local garage because she said it's just a 'chavvy clio'. She did eventually understand though.

I don't know about young ladies specifically but in general people still assume you're paid too much if you drive a BMW or similar. My pair are worth at most £3.5k yet people who would think nothing of sinking £10k on a s**t box Astra from a dealer feel you're some sort of mentalist! I'd rather spend £1k p.a fixing a £2k e36 3 series than spend £10k on an Astra or similar!

BMW F21 125d

Obviously I bought the car for my own reasons, but as I said times and needs change. Over time thoughts towards a car will change, that's given otherwise you'd have the same car your whole life.

Ph1 T
Our lass loves mine ever since i got it shes wanted it, still doesnt understand the money i spend on it but suppose she never will...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Parked my new one against my mum's new Fiesta today (Mk6.5) and it's crazy how similar hatches look these days. Prefer a lot of things about hers tbh... but then again she's 100bhp down so think I'll keep the Clio!

Do love the folding mirrors on fob lock though :cool: rather have that than cruise control tbh.

Audi S1
My girlfriend hated the noise of my old Clio. I broke the news to her a few days ago that I'm going to get another one haha :)

Clio 172 & others!
I took the Mrs to look at the 172....... Soon as she was in it, she said 'I like it' so if I get the thumbs up, you have to take the chance! She HATES the rover coupe turbo. She s**ts herself everytime I floor that! the Clio was supposed to be my winter car, but it soon will have the same treatment the coupe has!

E92 325D
Mine loved the 200 when i was with her, loved the 106 gti too, but loved the 1.1 106 with a gti lump in it even more :-S

Strange creatures

172 Cup
They go weak at the knees for my cup...yeah right! Gets a few looks from time to time though i must admit

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My missus wants one of these when she passes, must admit I think they're quite cool...

1989_Nissan_Figaro_concept_01.jpg

Girls generally like my car. They think it's "cute", then get suprised when I put my foot down.

The girl at Starbucks drive through said my interior looked nice. I offered to show her it in more detail but she wasn't having any of it :(

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
The girl at Starbucks drive through said my interior looked nice. I offered to show her it in more detail but she wasn't having any of it :(

No one likes the cup interior :( The best I get from girls is "I love the colour" and the occasional "Okay, this is fast!".

Iceberg 172
Mt gf told me my standard 172 it looks like a 'chavy spaceship' when I picked it up this weekend.
She wanted me to have another MK4 Golf ahaha

Audi S1
I loved it when people thought it was "just a Clio" then you unleash the speed :) (granted not the fastest in the world but still shuts a lot of people up) :)