ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

glowplug help!

megane gt dci 150
hi guys, ive been having some trouble with starting the dci 80 in a morning. 4 weeks ago, the car was struggling to start in the morning, so fiddled about with a few things and checked voltages etc. when the key is out of the ignition, there is still 6.7v at the plugs (they should be 0v). so i asked about a few grages and a few forums, and they said the same, change the glowplug relay, as it sounds like the contacts are sticking open. so went to renault, and bought a new one (£52), put it in place, plugged the plug back in and there is still 6.7v at the plugs with no key in ignition.:S

my old mans worried that the glow plugs could melt, with a constant voltage at the plugs, and could knacker the engine. hes suggested it could be something to do with the ecu, or could be the new relay (which i doubt TBH).

any help would be appreciated, cheers. nick..

megane gt dci 150
went to get engine diagnostics today, and the only thing that came up was EGR valve fault. this is getting replaced as soon as i have some money spare lol.

after it had been to garage, i went back to college and was there 2 hours, went outside to go hame, and the clio didnt want to start. just sat there turning ver and the "engine stop" and heater plug light just stayed on, then unplugged the new relay, and it fired up and ran crap for 30 seconds.

is this the EGR valve thats knackered up or something different.

any help would be appreciated guys, cheers..

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
For some reason, whenever i've seen K9K's with EGR faults they always manifest a fault with the glow plug relay to - What "DF" code(s) did the diagnostic kit give?

Normally, if the EGR valve/position sensor is fubar'd you'll get codes such as "DF084" and "DF061" which states the position sensor is at min/max limit and that the pre-heater plug circuit is open to. Replace the EGR and they both dissapear and the pre-heater setup starts to play again. Just be aware that a brand new EGR valve unit will need "Adapting" to the vehicle and this can only be done on diagnostics i'm afraid so this should be factored in to your costs or else you'll get the MIL at cold start and another error code stating the new EGR is inopperative all the time.

Mick