ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going through bulbs like pants

Oyster Card
Theres got to be something wrong with my car

I've owned it for a month its been fine till recently i.e in the period of two weeks I've gone through three brake light bulbs and now the rear number plate bulbs are out.
I thought I heard a ping as well when I was reversing after starting up, I thought nothing of it but it must have been the bulbs, any idea why?

Mégane RS
sure its not a coincidence that all the bulbs are coming to the end of there lives at the same time

Oyster Card
Doubt it mate as I've replaced the same one twice & the other side once.
No problems with any other of the bulbs purley the stop and tail lights.

I'll inspect it like I know what the hell I'm looking at tommorow lol, any pointers, I'm going to go over all the wiring look for breaks etc..

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i had a headlight bulb blow on satarday night, replaced it on sunday morning and then sunday night i put my lights on and they didnt seem very bright, got out and checked them and the other one has now blown! (and yes i did change the right one lol)

Sounds like you may have got some water in the wiring looms.
I go throught bumps quickly ever 6 month for stock ones but thats only the headlight ones.

AcID ZeR0 said:
I've owned it for a month its been fine till recently i.e in the period of two weeks I've gone through three brake light bulbs and now the rear number plate bulbs are out.

So you only have change your pants 5 times every 14 days?

:eek: ;)

(Based on 3 brake lights and 2 numberplate lights)