ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going up yet again

Not a 320d
Thought insurance was ment to be slightly cheaper each year as you built up NCD. Second year in a row where its gone up. For me Wtf.

Guessing its VAT?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
No, but insurance premium tax went up in January, only 1% but it all adds up :(

RB FF 182
Everyone should stop crashing their Clios! I have exactly this problem, first year with 0 NCD was about £700, then with 1 NCD it was £750, this year with 2 years NCD it's nearly £1k!!!

SG9 Forester STi
It's unbelievable - 2nd years no claims as I lost 5 months when I switched the insurance policy to accomodate the conversion. Paid £129 a month which I thought was fair for the car and now with an extra years ncb it's gone up £50 a month! Then in 2012 women under 26 will see a 25% increase so I have that to look forward to :(.

Back to shopping around now!

RB FF 182
That's the cheapest I can get (£968), I don't have a grand sitting around so I'll have to pay month meaning that it'll go up to about £1500 and £150 per month.

Stupidly to insure a brand new 2011 Volkswagen Polo GTi which is worth 10x more than my car (£23,000) it would only cost me £650 a year... (that's before changing it to a 10 month policy!!) WTF lol

Jap Box
Guess im lucky that my price is froze for renewal unless I make a claim this year :) still not going to renew though, £1800 on a 1.2 is beyond a joke. Renting a flat in town next year, will be better and not much more in the long run!

RB FF 182
Wow screw that. Haha.

My insurance has never been below £750 my mate in the next town only paid like £350/£400

Ph 1 172
Mine has gone up by nearly £150 this year with 5 years ncb no points no accidents the joys of owning a 172 for me lol I'm going to shop around though refuse to pay more than last year

I got my renewal letter yesterday and it was exactly the same, i was like wtf. I rang them and the bloke told me its because 1 year ncb doesnt make a difference, its only when it reaches 2, he said it will definately go down next year.

Cant you threaten insurance companies like you can here ? Say you will use someone else if they cant give a better quote ?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Yeah you don't have to accept the renewal quote, it's just most are to lazy to shop around.