ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

golf resto thread

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
as most of you know ive just picked myself up a 1986 mk1 golf cabriolet

IMG_1490.jpg

with it being 22 years old it needs a wee bit of attention in some places and so i started today :)

sods law it rained too lol

1stly the boot floor looked a little worse for wear, not rotten but a bit brown looking
so emptied it out gave it a scrub down and dried it
DSCF4398.gif

then some good old hammerite.. the colour is not at all what the lable was lol, o well no one will see it haha
DSCF4417.gif

all done :D much better
DSCF4418.gif

then i decided to take the side trims off to clean underneith
DSCF4407.gif

yuck but now much better
DSCF4412.gif

the handle fell off the other day
DSCF4421.gif

took it apart, new screw needed
fixed
DSCF4422.gif

Massive gap between the window and the seal
DSCF4424.gif

mended :D
DSCF4425.gif

and a mate came over just to check the car over -
his mk1
DSCF4413.jpg

hope you like :D

ITB'd 182...
sweet. deck it on some euro rims and it will be a nice summer run around.

your mates mk1 is nice

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Looking good! Any more plans for it or just going to use it and sell it on quick after summer?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
id like to keep it as a long term project, will see, i guess ill probably have to sell it when i get my house when ever that maybe.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Liking your mates mk1! Quite cool.
God i wish we could bring our old mk2 GTI home from spain. 23k KM on the clock! B reg!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I bet its a load of fun driving it. Any more plans for it or just general maintenance/restoring old bits?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
not sure on wheels yet tbh, want to get it fully mint 1st :)

more work to do tomnorow :) up early me thinks

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well i decided to paint the side strips to match the roof, worst idea ever, luckly i only did one so i only had one to strip back,
then went with silver vynal, really impressed

DSCF4427.gif

then the kids got a wash

DSCF4431.gif

pics with side strips on
(much better i think)

IMG_11191.gif

IMG_11261.gif

Octy VRS
Looking good. Don't think the lip suits twin headlamps though. Need some clear indicators too. Great job of cleaning it up. Would love a Mk1 project, maybe one day.

Found this pic earlier of one. Looks great.
waltdscn0086resizedcj0.jpg

Your mate's Mk1 is nice although I'm not too keen on the chrome detail, but it's Euro so it's a given. Any engine conversion?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
there was a bettle resto project on detailing world - takes alot of effort to get it back to its former glory, but SOOOOOOOOOO worth the effort

Mk1 Facelift '97 1.2
mk1 golf are awesome cars would love to have 1 as a resto project but have no room to keep one at the moment shame really as i do like doing the old little cleaning bits on cars.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i cant see what he writes anymore, i cant even be bothered to press the view post button as it will be a waste of time,

Police are on a giant crack down atm on plates, ive even had to put the standard ones back on the clio, cba with £30 fines everytime i go out.

Hence why i deliberately did it

18. Please do not "Flame Bait" - if your post is made to deliberately get peoples backs up and cause an argument - Then please, don't post it. Breaking this rule will result in a major infraction (2 points).

Looking good Laura, black paint in the boot looks much better, get some standard mk2 gti bbs wheels will look far better than those and won't cost the earth either.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well ill be taking the interior out at some point and checking it all over and painting the whole lot, so i figured i better keep it all matching lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Hence why i deliberately did it

18. Please do not "Flame Bait" - if your post is made to deliberately get peoples backs up and cause an argument - Then please, don't post it. Breaking this rule will result in a major infraction (2 points).

Looking good Laura, black paint in the boot looks much better, get some standard mk2 gti bbs wheels will look far better than those and won't cost the earth either.

:cool:

Ph1 Sport
im in love with the cab.. id have one of em anyday if u dont mind me askin how much it set u back?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i paid £1200 ish for it alot of money for a 22 year old car, but not alot when you look at what it is lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
o deffinately, i think i paid a good few hundred less than whats its worth, all tidied up, the wee bits sorted id be looking at 2k ish,