ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf to a Corrado

Suzuki Ignis
Im thinking for selling my Golf and getting a Corrado

This is the Golf atm...

golf-1.jpg

Didnt really have time to do much to it coilovers, grill, did get some BBS RA's for it but didnt have time to refurb them so there still sat in the garage. Getting bored of it though and would like a few comforts without being to nuskool, leccy windows, remote locking, a beeper to let you know youve left your lights on :O really pushing the boat out!

Spotted this...

Corrado3.jpg

corradorolling.jpg

Always liked the look of a Corrado in standard form over a Golf.

Would this be a good/bad move? How much thirstier would 2.0 16v be over the 1.6 8v?
It on at a little over £1000 so expect a few things will need doing.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I was looking at corrodos but opted for a late mk2 gti.

I test drove a 2.0 16v but the steering was horrible so walked away. I could have got it for 1200 and it was mint so worth holding out for a good one.

Suzuki Ignis
This one has just had all this done, dunno if its a good thing that its all been done or its a sign of other bits to soon go on it.

From VOSA site:

Reason(s) for refusal to issue Certificate
Front Registration plate deteriorated (6.3.1d)
Nearside Front Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.3)
Nearside Rear Sub-frame rubber bush bonding deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.3)
Offside Rear Sub-frame rubber bush bonding deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.3)
Centre Brake lever excessively damaged and seriously weakened (3.5.1d)
Parking brake efficiency below requirements (3.7.A.10) **DANGEROUS**
Advisory Notice issued
Offside inner cv boot split

Retested:

Offside Front bush Anti-roll bar missing (2.4.G.1) **DANGEROUS**
Nearside Rear Sub-frame rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.3)
Offside Rear Sub-frame rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.3)

Then passed.

Its just done a round Europe trip to, which after a bit of Facebook stalking I can confirm is true haha. You'd have to be pretty confident that nothing major is wrong to take it on a big trip like that.