ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gone French Again!

Swift Sport
So anyway... I've been looking for a car to replace the Ignis for a while now, but with the Ignis being so cheap and so fun it was difficult to find a worthy replacement. The natural choice was to go for another Clio, but having had 4 of the boomin' things I decided to try something else. Once again I'll be sad to see the Ignis go, and can totally recommend them to anyone wanting a cheap but awesome car...
16012559202_3482994f95_z.jpg

...Then last weekend I went along with @not normal dan to view this, and brought it home with me on Monday...
15791383637_f74c370af2_z.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know it's a Megane Trophy, number 434 of 500.

Despite all the horror stories I decided to give it a go, especially seeing as it appears to have had a good home. Coming from the Ignis it feels like a Maybach (albeit French one!) but I do really enjoy driving it, and the in-gear acceleration brings a grin to my face! I want to keep it as standard as possible to avoid reliability issues, but I can see myself going for a stage 1 map once the weather improves :smile:

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Good choice ;) had my trophy since October, made the move from the clios.

Any more plans other than the map?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
For someone that knows what they're doing, it's probably simple. I'd end up setting fire to the house.

Swift Sport
Good choice :wink: had my trophy since October, made the move from the clios.

Any more plans other than the map?

Short shift and stage1 Ste and you will notice a huge difference.

Great buy chap.

Very nice indeed! Quite a change, running costs will be massive in comparison to the ignis!

I don't want to get crazy, especially as it doesn't have a diff and it's much faster than the Ignis already! Probably stage 1 as suggested, and I'm interested in the short shift mod. It's going to be more expensive to run yes, but at least I feel like I'm driving something proper now :smile:

133/225/CLS AMG
Looks good mate.

I have a 225 Trophy as my daily car and had a couple of niggles but overall, mechanically its sound and a cracking drive.

Any more details on yours mate?

Swift Sport
Looks good mate.

I have a 225 Trophy as my daily car and had a couple of niggles but overall, mechanically its sound and a cracking drive.

Any more details on yours mate?
67k miles, 2 previous owners and totally standard. Loads of history and drives nice and tight. I actually like it more than I expected to, although the Ignis was definitely more fun.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
No diff, iirc it was the 1st meg to get the cup suspension upgrades. Limited numbers and unique colour.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks gents. Just googled it. Seems cup suspension, poly bushes and revised steering however the steering was changed on all Megs post 2005.