ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gone Jap :)

172, Eunos Rs Turbo
You do realise by positioning the sensor there your gauge is not going to work until the thermostat opens?

A better place to position it would be on the rear hose that exits the block to the heater matrix as this has flow all the time not just when the stat is open.

You do realise by positioning the sensor there your gauge is not going to work until the thermostat opens?

A better place to position it would be on the rear hose that exits the block to the heater matrix as this has flow all the time not just when the stat is open.

Yer I'm aware, I thought it would give me a better indication of when it was at its peak, and warmed up. it's not that I thrash it or anything, I'm just just more cautious with my acceleration when it's cold.

Roof gutter?
What be this?

Its the peice of plastic that the material bit of the roof sits in at the back behind the carpet inside where the roof goes also known as a rain rail, before i owned it, its had a new roof quite recently and the person who fitted it failed to put this piece back meaning that any rain that ran off the roof simply drained into the car

Listerine & Poledo
oh! Across the back! for a while I was visualising some sort of Heko deflectors for a soft top! :smile:

EDIT: If you're using the standard water temp sensors, that gauge will pretty much be a 3-stage event

cold -> warm -> FUUUUUUUU!
Same as the oil gauge, unless it's a really early Mk.1, none of them give a 'proper' reading. :(

Listerine & Poledo
People seem to mostly use vent-gauges for their boost meters etc.
I was thinking of changing the oil pressure sensor for a "proper" one, but it would have been unneccesary faff :)

People seem to mostly use vent-gauges for their boost meters etc.
I was thinking of changing the oil pressure sensor for a "proper" one, but it would have been unneccesary faff :smile:

yer a few mates with turbo cars had the digital prosport boost and water temp gauges, i just like the look of them and the fit so well. the wires tuck straight down behind the clock, no drilling /sanding, i just took the vent ball out and the gauge slid straight in nicely (52mm). im alright with wiring and all that but to make it fit in all nice and get the wiring done nicely, cut and tidy the hose and thread the wire back through the car, took about 4.5 hours.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
This thread has reminded me I have loads of MX5 parts I really need to sort out.. even have a dash dodger cage still!

Looks a tidy one :)