ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good 172 price

Right ive found another 172,had one a year ago but rolled it.Its for sale for £7495,43000 miles,silver and their giving me £4000 trade in on my Focus.Its all been agreed over the phone and via email cause the garage is in Bassingstoke and im in Scotland,but hes told me 4k is his gauranteed lowest price hell give me for my car,and if i get down there and he thinks its worth more hell give me another couple of hundred(dont expect that)But is that a good price for the 172 with that amount of miles,and has anybody got one with that miles on it,is there anything thats going to go wrong at these miles,whens its next service and how much will it be.Oh and its got full renault history.Cheers

If you have a look in the for sale forum, there was a girl selling her 172 MK2, with around 20k on it. She was looking for £7250, she needs a quick sale. You might want to giver her a call.

You could try Nicolas Smiths of Skipton (bit closer to you)

They had a Black Mk1 for about 8K I think. Not sure if they still have it but their number is 01756 792277.

Cheers Potster

My Mk1 172 is a Sept 00 and has 45K miles on it - which it is amply capable of doing without the engine really noticing: It drives like new and still feels tight and involving. I still love driving it despite having owned it for the last 3 and a bit years. Isnt it better to get one with the right number of miles for the age (which 40K sounds about right for 3 years old) rather than buying a low miler which was only ever used for the commute to/from work? Id feel happier buying a car which I know got used properly and had a chance to regularly stretch its legs... As long as it looks in good condition - go for it mate!

Matt