ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good 3rd party software to backup and restore messages.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
So before anyone tells me to use iCloud or iTunes my phone fails to backup to anything official/apple.
I've been through a lot of apple tech support, in store, online and over the phone. Multiple call backs with some customer facing engineer in the states trying to fix this, lots of debugging log files by me and the engineer, loads of ideas came out but nothing ever worked. The official solution from apple is to try a 3rd party app and start fresh with the phone.

I've lived the last 6 months without any backing up, but with my new phone here I finally need to sort something out. Pictures I can back up manually no issue, contacts and calendar should sync with iCloud fine still. Apps I'll start fresh as I don't want them all again from the off, which just leaves me with texts/iMessages.

I've got 6 years of messages that i'd like to keep, I'm not so fixed on restoring them to the new device, but I would like to back them up to a computer so I can read them and access any pics/vids in there.

Does anyone have any software they recommend for doing this? I've found some but nothing I trust.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
A bit more fiddling and most 3rd party software just uses iTunes backups to get your data, and if you don't have one it just tries to perform one. Obviously this just fails, so I need something which accesses the phone directly. I'm talking myself into thinking this is an impossible task on a non jailbroken iphone though.