ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good Beading??

Bumder With A Buffer
As aobve I honestly have no idea what good beading or bad beading looks like so just wanted to know if this is what it is supposed to look like??

Roof

13052009720.jpg

Bonnet

13052009715.jpg

Rear Quarter..

13052009714.jpg

Another roof

13052009713.jpg

13052009717.jpg

Monaco 53/468
not bad, beads could be 'tighter' and smaller though, I'll try get some of mine, may be a little dark now though.....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
b*****d. Did have some. With say Collinites, the beading tends to to tighter and more uniform, if that makes sense?

Bumder With A Buffer
b*****d. Did have some. With say Collinites, the beading tends to to tighter and more uniform, if that makes sense?

Aye makes sense thats what I as expecting to see??.

Car had a wash, SRP, Wet Mirror finish then Blue Velvet a few weeks back.

Than last night was foamed, washed then used some DJ Red Mist.

Golf GTD Mk7
whats the wax rich? If the beeding works well, on the sides the water should beed off the car. not stick really.

Bumder With A Buffer
Its wearing DJ Blue Velvet...well that could well of been taken off when I foamed it lst night but then DJ Red mist was applied.

Golf GTD Mk7
Hmmm, i use blue velvet and it beeds very well. How are you applying/how long you leaving it to cure?

The smaller the water droplets, the better, shows that even the tiny amounts will not stick to the paint work;

IMG_4743.gif

Bumder With A Buffer
Im guessing thats why I also get left with water stains then?!

Yeah im going to try hand application Jamie after what you did on needsters.

Golf GTD Mk7
Hmm, it shouldn't do that though it applied correctly. The way i tend to do it is do a panel ie. door, then leave it while you do the next panel, then go back and buff off. Make sure you don't over use (excess is waste and a pain to get off once cured), but it's hard work to see where you've done. I dampen the applicator then apply. Circular motion. Roughly about 10min to cure. Do the swipe test with the finger to see if it has cured correctly. Sometime takes longer than others.

Golf GTD Mk7
Im guessing thats why I also get left with water stains then?!

Yeah im going to try hand application Jamie after what you did on needsters.

Ah didn't realise you were machining it. Yeah hand application. How did you managed to get it on the pads for the machine?

Bumder With A Buffer
Na not machining it :S lol

I use the wax applicator that came with the DJ from i4detailing.

Maybe im using too much of it.

Golf GTD Mk7
you'll be able to tell if you're using too much as there will be crusty white bits left behind when it cures.

Try it in a little section. Leaving it for about 10 min. Swipe your finger across it. If it removes it without smearing then its ready to buff, if it smears, leave it a bit longer. I find i have to move my head a lot to catch the wax in the light to tell where i have done. Sounds stupid, but if you're doing it to the right amounts it's not easy to see. Working inside under lights helps to see it. Just persevere with it, you'll get it. Try dampening a german applicator and see how that goes.

FF RB 182
Only a thin layer of Collinite 476, first time applied to the clio. Now has 2 coats, far better beading until it gets caked in dust.

3429293280_f2b2a3b1a6.jpg

3428479379_8250468a8e.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
Oh dear im now signed up over on DW :( Bang goes the bank account!.. Im gonna be a full on OCD'er soon :(

They say a good full detail.. clay etc should help although apparentl my beading is fine.

Mini JCW
Oh dear im now signed up over on DW :( Bang goes the bank account!.. Im gonna be a full on OCD'er soon :(

They say a good full detail.. clay etc should help although apparentl my beading is fine.

Just stay away from i4detailing and CYC and you'll be fine;)

Bumder With A Buffer
Just stay away from i4detailing and CYC and you'll be fine;)

too late :)

probably £120 so far on i4detailing (snow lance and other bits)

Orders at cyc at £75 (that includes delivery!)

And a pressure washer £80

:(

And thats just a start

Mini JCW
too late :)

probably £120 so far on i4detailing (snow lance and other bits)

Orders at cyc at £75 (that includes delivery!)

And a pressure washer £80

:(

And thats just a start

Oh dear - not good lol. I'm trying to avoid even going on CYC's site as I know i'll see stuff I don't particularly need but want anyway, meaning £££££.... :dead:

Golf GTD Mk7
careful mate, i've spent way more money than i'd care for due to DW. Running total of about 750quid i recon. Scary how much you can get sucked in. Depends how much you're going to use it all i guess. Polished bliss is very good though, great bunch of guys and good advice.

Bumder With A Buffer
The thing is though I dont actually own much

My collection of goodies so far is

Pressure washer
Autoglym shampoo, SRP and EGP
CG Wet mirror Finish
DJ Blue Velvet Wax and Red mist
Some APC and a bottle to put it in
Tyre Dressing
Bilberry wheel cleaner
Snow Foam and lance
then various microfibres, microfibre applicators, foam applicators.

Thing is I class that as the minimum you might need to start out with??

Already had the Autoglym stuff as well as a few microfibres and some wash mitts.

First order I ever did from i4 I got

Bilberry cleaner, tyre dressing, some DJ blue Velvet and a plush drying towel and some APC.

Then I got the pressure washer so needed a Lance which I got from i4 too. Wanted to try some clay from there as it was cheap so bought some of that was well as a new mitt and the DJ Red Mist recently

I mean my first order at cyc was this...

Chemical Guys Wet Mirror Finish

Foam Wax Applicator

ClearKote Wax Applicator Pad

Ultimate Ultra-Plush Buffing Cloth 16" x 16"

Eurow - Shag Pile Double Density Towels

Meguiars APC bottle Sprayer - Foaming

And thats f**k all.. I wanted to try some bit out.

Although I did go on CYC the other day and ordered loads of crap tbh.. but I wanted to try some new things again.

Sonus Green - Ultra Fine Clay refill

Blue Perl Microfibre Applicator Pads Pkg/2

Microfibre WASH+

Chemical Guys - Maxi Suds II

But yeah I get what your saying! (p.s this post wasn't intended to be ooo look at me and what I bought as it seems after reading it back!)