ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good brake pads for 172?

Renault Clio 172
Hey all,

I've got a vibration in the brake peddle when I brake from quite high speeds (80mph+).

Im thinking it might be the brake pads as they are squealing a bit so im gonna get the wheels off later and check them.

If they need replacing, any idea for some decent priced one's? Kwik-Fit want £65 for front pads fitted, but im not sure if they will be a decent quality or not!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Don't actually know how it happens, but i though if you pads get down to the metal it means you need new discs anyway.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Can get Warped Disks from getting the Disks really really hot and then stopping and sitting with the Brakes on while they cool down,

I'd Agree with Ferodo DS2500 from what I've heard/read about them, If you're disks are ruined I'd go with Brembo HC Disks as you can get Both at Good Prices from most GSF's IIRC

Ph1
Sounds like its a disk problem unless your kicking in the ABS lol

Wouldnt buy a cup of tea from Kwik Fit let alone any sort of car parts -AVOID