ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good Drying Towels......

Not a 320d
OK. I use the Ultra Plush yellow Towles from Polished Bliss. I have used these for maybe 2 years now, and gone through about 12 of the bloody things. Theyre amazing, and theyre very safe.

However, theyre £11 each.

Once theyve had a wash with detergent, IMO theyre fucked and only worth throwing in the bin. Im sick of replacing two towels at a tenner each all the time when my parents think theyre doing me a favour by washing my towels with fabric softener even though i repeatedly tell them to f**k off and leave my towels alone.

Is there a good plush towel I could try which doesnt cost a bomb, not so much a throw away towel but one I can just bin and not take a hit financially every few months.

The DW lot were raving about an ASDA towl which wasnt so expensive? I dont want waffle either btw.

PB Clio 172
Re: Good Drying Towles......

Drive your car after you have washed it! Thats what I do, ohh the fresh air ! :p

Who does want a waffle?

Toby, buy black baron and be done with towels. 12 x £11 is more than the BB costs?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

No matter how much I tell her not to, my Mum still washes my towels/microfibres with softener n'all.

I use the Uber Blue drying towel from I4D or CYC. Admittedly I do have to use a couple to dry the whole car but they aren't bad for the price. I bought a few off eBay which made it cheaper than buying individual ones from I4D or CYC.

If I had the money though, I'd definitely get a black baron!

Not a 320d

Who does want a waffle?

Toby, buy black baron and be done with towels. 12 x £11 is more than the BB costs?

This is true but i feel a bit daft walking round the c ar with what essentially is a reverse hoover. Also, not always washing a car which has fresh wax, and mine gets a bit shitty sometimes and sections dont sheet well. Ill think about it. A black barron would be one of the last keys in my detailing crusade.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

This is true but i feel a bit daft walking round the c ar with what essentially is a reverse hoover.

Just LOL.

the asda ones are pap, they leave blue fluff all over the car (even when washed) they don't dry it too well either. i think there all trying to kid themselves!

i know i always say about autobrite. but their polar express one has great reviews all over, and they are doing a GB on detailing world.

same price as the yellow polished bliss ones but may work out cheaper if you get 3 in the GB!

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172

Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towels. Can't recommend them enough.

You can get a pack of Der Wunder Microfiber, Buffing and Drying Towels from Clean Your Car, you get two of each towel too :)

However, the Der Wunder Drying Towels ain't plush, more like a waffle, really good tho. I usually use both of mine to dry my Clio.

Not a 320d
I think Der Wunders were the first decent drying towels I ever had.

They got the water up ok. But destroyed my paintwork.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Currently favouring the I4D uber blue and uber yellow drying towels, got heaps of those, can never have too many.

Currently favouring the I4D uber blue and uber yellow drying towels, got heaps of those, can never have too many.

We currently have the I4D Blue drying towels on offer;

1x Towel @ 6.95
3x Towels @ 14.95
5x Towels @ 23.95

All available with CS discount ;)

Matt

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I have both the i4d blue and yellow towels, I can generally dry a clio without sheeting with the double sided yellow towel, blue sometimes needs ringing out. if sheeted both a more than capable on a clio.

Yellow is handy as you can just turn it over and carry on, whereas the blue is just that much bigger if you're careful you won't need to. depends how precise or quickly you want to dry them off, both have there plus'

Ibiza FR Edition
Can vouch for the I4d uber blue ones... much better than the Meguiars water magnet which is horrible!