ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good quality, breathable car covers?

FF Titanium 182
Anyone reccomend a good quality car cover? Having car detailed next friday as im going to australia for 6 weeks i want to keep it covered up, i heard they can sometimes make the car sweat and the protection to run is this common? Will be left outside on the drive usually quite shaded. Thanks

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Dont, it will scratch the paintwork every time the wind catches it...Leave it and get it detailed upon your return.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
As above, unless spending hundreds of pounds, it'll make things worse. Either wait until you get back for the detail, or just leave it in the elements. It's a car, it won't melt if it gets wet.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Yes, if the cover is not tailored to the car, and the cover manufacturer cannot quote you breathability figures, waterproofness, and Arizona sunshine 2 months survivability test result( very important as it determines if the fabric is good at UV blocking, and UV resistance for long life) then don't bother with that brand.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
NB statements such as 95% waterproof are meaningless; waterproofness is measured in millimetres

FF Titanium 182
Im getting it detailed to protect it over the winter period more then anything whilst im away, so then when im back i can give it a quick routine wash and it will be sweet. Only want the cover really to protect it from the bird sh*t and the likes lol might just leave it like you have said im sure a few weeks wont hurt it

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
If it's just going to be parked up, winter isn't going to hurt it. You won't be driving it so it won't get plastered in salt/grit, mud etc.

Just put a decent wax or sealant on it and leave it.

330i. E30 Touring.
Im getting it detailed to protect it over the winter period more then anything whilst im away, so then when im back i can give it a quick routine wash and it will be sweet. Only want the cover really to protect it from the bird sh*t and the likes lol might just leave it like you have said im sure a few weeks wont hurt it
Clingfilm it.