ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye all...its been fun

HI all

Just a note to say that at the end of the month i shall be leaving the world of Clio172 behind for a life more ordinary :(

Insuarance rises and wife wanting a car she can drive too, also including the fact that my 51 172 has done 54000 miles and is not behaving itself too well lately in term of rattles and power delivery tells me its time to say goodbye to it.....shes done me very well in the 16 months ive had her and she will be missed.

So...im joining the ranks of ordinary people with a Ford!!!

Will sorely miss the track days...but my plan is to keep the new car for 2 1/2 years giving me time to get my sorry ass into shape and then getting either a bike or a westfield megabusa or similar...so its only a temporary break

Cheers all....will keep my eye on this place to see how the world of clio carries on

Ta

Jamie

gettin a streetka, just something low on insurance and easy going for a couple of years...nah...no modding....like i said...insurance etc is killing me at the moment so its a cost-cutting thing...standard for a while...will be back with avengence in a year or 2

Ad

MK2 FRS

Cya mate. You was the first cliosport person I met when I had your SuperTS. My mate still got them on his clio, though theyre looking a bit scuffed.:D

Jamie, I might be joining you in a swap from 172 to a slower Ford in the next few weeks if all goes according to plan :D

Well Rhys...well have to start a rival fordsport club :)

Wotcha gettin?

Yeah..54k in 16mnths is nasty...2nd car i done that too now...but that was the job...now im living the high life in a manchester apartment and travelling to work on public transport (urrrggghhhhh)

The poor clio is starting to feel the work now and is getting more rattly and the dealer offered me a very fair p-x price for the 172...although he said he had NEVER seen a 172 before and found it hard to price up!!!!! Wheres he livin?

Will post a pic of the new motor when i get her...storm grey (nice metallic) and black leather interior

Cheers
Jamie