ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye Dis'Astra, Hello Focus ST

It is 100% worth it, trust me. Transforms them even at stage 1.

Just go easy on the clutch when you do, no full throttle under 3k in 5th or 6th or you risk killing it!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Map makes the car tho, it's night and day. If you need any ideas both joe and I will happily help

So some progress with the ST in the last few months and some plans for 2014.

Front discs, pads and fluid changed.
Powerflex lower wishbone polybushes.
Front spitter
2 x front Goodyear tyres

Plans for the early part of the year is to sort some niggly paintwork issues, get the car detailed and perform a decent service.

Planning some Eibach springs and spacers and then possibly the block mod with new cambelt and maybe an RS clutch.

Hopefully if I achieve that lot, I'll go after a remap to unleash it's true potential !

Looking forward to driving it through the summer. I can see its going to be an expensive one :p

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Definitely go for the rs clutch if you're planning on remapping. Best money I spent so far.

As it stands today...
14079866012_eedee25a78_z.jpg

What an epic car this is !

Not really managed to do anything to it this year so far apart from it now has Goodyear Eagle F1s all round and genuine discs and pads all round aswell.

Was put on the rolling road at a Be Tapp'd meet at AG Motorsport and it pulled a healthy 229.6bhp when it is still standard engine wise so I'm happy with that.

Booked on the Knockhill OPL night next month too so I shall see how it performs there and then hopefully get into some decent mods in the summer :D

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Looks nice, sometimes I wish I'd got one that colour. What mods are you looking at? I'm waiting for some Bilstein B8's to turn up atm

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I've got the Eibachs on mine, very low at the front. It'll feel completely different when it's mapped. You'll love it