ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye

197cup
The clio is going.........had it for 18 months and done 30K so it's time to buy a diesel. Picking it up tonight, 1.9 (150) Vectra Sri on a 57 plate with 5 thousand miles. Will drive like a boat but the mpg should save me some ££.

Have seen an old Ibiza Cupra advertised locally for £900 so might buy it to and have a bit of fun at the weekend?

Good plan... My clio is going too, I'm really upset :( I love it to pieces. Think I will be replacing it with a saxo vts, time to start being sensible with money.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
The clio is going.........had it for 18 months and done 30K so it's time to buy a diesel. Picking it up tonight, 1.9 (150) Vectra Sri on a 57 plate with 5 thousand miles. Will drive like a boat but the mpg should save me some ££.

Have seen an old Ibiza Cupra advertised locally for £900 so might buy it to and have a bit of fun at the weekend?
Properly nice cars. My dad has the same car, and for their size they are pretty quick tbh.

197cup
so what is the mpg on the vectra?

It should do around 50mpg (i get 42 out the clio) but i know a few folk that say they get nearer 60 if you cruise - i do 80 miles a day to work so need something a bit bigger with more room to.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Good plan... My clio is going too, I'm really upset :( I love it to pieces. Think I will be replacing it with a saxo vts, time to start being sensible with money.

cant understand why people still slate vts's there a good little track weapon and are peanuts

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Theres a vts down the road from me for sale for 2k pretty good money i thought. Im putting my sensible head on and seriously thinking of trading the cup in for a gtv v6 :D

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Saxo VTS is harldy going to be diesel like, i owned one for 7 months before the phase 1 and it got 33/34 all day, 27/28 when you kicked its hole in:rasp:

Never above 25mpg
so what is the mpg on the vectra?

It should do around 50mpg (i get 42 out the clio) but i know a few folk that say they get nearer 60 if you cruise - i do 80 miles a day to work so need something a bit bigger with more room to.

Should've got a Passat. My dad's car does 70mpg at the most on his 160 mlie round trip to work and back each day. When he gives it the beans it still does 49.3mpg :rasp:

197cup

Should've got a Passat. My dad's car does 70mpg at the most on his 160 mlie round trip to work and back each day. When he gives it the beans it still does 49.3mpg :rasp:

I wanted a Passat but i couldn't find one in my price range - the ones i can afford are old models with 60k+ otc. I am getting this for less than 9K with only 5K otc

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
It IS sensible.... LOL half the insurance cost, and erm, other things that I can't think of right now! Mikey agreed tbf. :eek:

he would...he want's a mini lol...saxo's are pony of the highest order!

sorry, going off topic here..I'll stop now lol

the minis been talked about and been agreed im not goin to get a jcw cooper s but i am looking at audi s3's;)

ff 182

..and loads of fun you will have lol..great little cars!

197cup

..and loads of fun you will have lol..great little cars!

Yeah i hope so - not been to see it yet but it's on an R plate in White for £900 Mot'd for a year with tax...............sounds good anyways but will likely be covered in rust

Shed.
cant wait to see the back of mine, the only time i ever have fun in it is when its cold and dark and no ones about and it has slightly more torque than normal.

But i guess when you drive a 240bhp 2.8 V6 C class merc now and again i will feel that way.