ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodridge braided hoses - 172 Cup - MOT fail

172 Cup
Had my cup Mot'd couple of days ago, unfortunately it failed, on a couple of things...

One of them being a problem with the front brake hoses...

I replaced the front discs and pads a few months ago and to my pleasant surprise my car already had Goodridge hoses fitted - all good :)

So I took it for its first MOT in my ownership, and one of its failures was that the front hoses are rubbing against the struts on full lock, and stretching :S , pulling the caliper slightly also.

This could have been potentially very dangerous I would have thought? Could they have eventually pulled off either the caliper or other end and left me with no brakes?

So subsequently I've had orignal hoses put on to sort the problem.

I'm guessing the hoses are possibly the wrong ones for the car? As they were apparently nearly an inch too short.
Could it be something to do with the cup having a wider track?

Thank god for MOT's eh

I also had the issue of the tester finding very little brake effort on the rears, as the cup doesnt use the brake bias controller thing.
Theres a page on the VOSA website that acts as a sort of disclaimer I used, I'm sure many of you are aware.

Anyway, thought I'd share my experiences

Nissan 350z
The 172 cup doesnt have wider a wider track compared to the 172. I think the MOT tester was just finding things to fail you on...

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
thats odd, I fitted goodridge hoses to our 182 and they've been fine. Could be a manufacturing fault with the lines. Did you not check them on full lock when u fitted them?

172 Cup
The 172 cup doesnt have wider a wider track compared to the 172. I think the MOT tester was just finding things to fail you on...

I was pretty sure it did have a slightly wider track??

It also failed on rear discs and pads and a front ball joint.

thats odd, I fitted goodridge hoses to our 182 and they've been fine. Could be a manufacturing fault with the lines. Did you not check them on full lock when u fitted them?

I didnt fit them.

They were on the car when I bought it.

2.2 bar shed.
Cups got a wider track but ghey offset wheels so the wheelbase ends up the same no? (I know nothing about clio's, well, practically nothing).

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
wheels off the cup has the same track as any other sport.

172 Cup
After fitting my Goodridges the tester told me I needed something to hold them off the struts like a rubber donut or the original protective spring. Then the next year the rubber lining had broken down causing an MOT fail on bad left/right brake imbalance!
Cack indeed.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Ok then, I suppose I best go and check the ones I put on the Clio..............

Lionel Richie
Which brand do you supply Fred? The ones I fitted at the weekend seemed 'a little' on the short side.

I have Goodridge on mine without issue :)

Mocal only for me, i've had SO many issues with goodridge over te years i fucked them off, your paying over the odds for a product with a "name" that doesn't always fit