ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodwin10's Modified Clio

Clio 1.2
Hello everyone!

Right this is my little 1.2 Clio, which has had loads of work done in the past! I know this ain’t going to be to most peoples taste, I couldn’t ever see myself having a motor like this! I’m much more into the Euro look lol.
The main reasons I bought it is that it just had 12 months MOT put on it, got a full service history with receipts for most of the modifications and I only paid £400 for it, bargain!

It does need tidying up, like the bumpers need to be put on properly and re-meshed, get rid of the shopping list, sort out all the audio, etc. This is what I’m starting today!
Well as you can see it has a full bodykit, Wolfrace alloys, ‘performance’ suspension making it 35mm lower, custom made stainless steel decat exhaust system, tinted windows, strut brace, Powertec air filter and oil breather, Clio Williams 16v seats, FLI 100w sub, and some other small bits and pieces but I think it’s a good buy for just £400!

Ideas for the moment are to fix the bumpers, de-sticker, sort audio out, black mesh in the bumpers, paint alloys black, a 16v bonnent and a very good clarbar’in and valet (handy as I’m a valeter :D) .I’m open to any other suggestions to get ideas flowing, well apart from scrap it lol! I do want to keep it modified as it is starting to grow on me a little bit lol.

Pictures below.

P201110_0936.gif

P201110_0936_02.gif

P201110_0938_01.gif

Stripped yozza'd cup
The previous owner must have spent a fortune on this.... Don't you find it embarrassing that its had money poured into making it look faster/ridiculous but it's still really really slow? Sleeper ftw.

But on a more useful note, I don't think the bodykit will look nearly as bad without that bonnet, so make this the 1st job.
Why is there a huge hole on the front? Put some mesh or something it the gap. It looks like you had an intercooler and it's fallen out.

Clio 1.2
All the work was done back in 2003 when it was the thing to do and I know the times have changed lol, tbh I don't mind that it's slow, it's cheap to insure and run so it's ideal for me for a runabout. Looking at it I could break it and make money on it with the amount of stuff on there, I'm guessing the williams seats would be worth a few quid now? The bonnet will be going as soon as I see a 16v bonnet near me, there used to be mesh in the bumpers but for some reason at got took out, so yeah I will be getting some black mesh next week and do both front and rear bumpers.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
oh dear

i wouldn't have that if you paid me £400,

the amount money and work to get that right kinda nulifies the deal you got purchasing it!

so imo, you fail

Clio 1.2
Well thanks for the helpful input...

I thought this forum was for all Clio owners, doesn't seem like it tbh. If you ain't got a Clio Sport then you just get the piss taken out of you because your less fortunate.

I was hoping for more helpful and friendly input, guess I'm not going to get it here.

I thought this forum was for all Clio owners, doesn't seem like it tbh. If you ain't got a Clio Sport then you just get the piss taken out of you because your less fortunate.

I was hoping for more helpful and friendly input, guess I'm not going to get it here.

Nah mate it's not that. People on here seem very against body kits, stripes etc (anything chavvy).

Trophy Turbo :)
Leave the lad alone!

The car is a nice example, there are a few little parts that do look a little no to every ones taste, but as long as your happy with her then good :)

Welcome to clio sport, were not all narrow minded like some :)

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
All the stickers off... Especially the big Clio one... Some Williams or valver alloys and valver bonnet and I think you mind be able to pull off the bodykit

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Did you go on the North Wales run today? As I fear you may have been causing some bother...

Clio 1.2
Thanks for some positive feedback guys, much appreciated :) Definatly got some ideas floating about now :)

Nah it wasn't me Jamie, she's been sitting in the garage today while i've been fitting some new speakers lol. Plus I'm literally miles away from there too!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
what did you really expect posting such pictures??
if you dont want peoples opinions on your car, dont post it on a public forum!

and cliosport is not against everything thats not a sport, there are some fantastic non-sports on here.
the critisim may help guide you to doing the right thing!! lol

for me,

valver bonnet,
valver wings,
valver front bumper
valver back bumper
standard headlights
standard back lights,
take the side skirts up and clean up whatever its been glued on it,
valver/williams wheels
valver spoiler,
door door strips,
standard mirrors,
take all the stickers off,
full respray!
new exhaust system

as said, the bill would probs come to more than a real valver!
hopefully you can get some money from selling the bits you take off,

but keep the williams interior!

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
They see me rollin'... They hatin'

Sorry, but it does look s**t. But as you said, back in '03 this was SIK BLUD!

It's not the model of the car, it's the style of the mods.

Tbh, I'd rip the bodykit off and the stickers. Then run it 'till it dies! Will be cheap motoring.

Mountune Tractor
You actually paid £400 for that??? Take it to bits, sell, buy new car.

If you're 17 and it's your first car I'll let you off.

Slow red one
As soon as I saw the body kit I knew what comments to expect from people, as to what you said people don't hate non sports because i've had 2 non sports since being a member on here I think people on here just aren't keen on heavily modified cars in general. Browse the forum and view some other non sports for idea's by using the search bar as I know there is a massive non sport thread somewhere with lots of examples:) hope that helps!

wont your insurance be cheaper without mods? surely thats what you want? unless cosmetic mods dont affect it.

Not a 320d
What if i came round to your house and said the exterior was basically s**t?

You cant come on this forum posting photos unless its a standard clio renaultsport with turinis and silvervisions, and lowered. IIRC.

If your happy with it thats what matters. Each to their own and all that, just like music tastes, car tastes are different too.

Its as though the Clio renaultsport is some kind of heretage car to be in that no one dares modify them, when in fact its a s**t french hatch back which just so happens to handle very well. Thats all its got going for it really, its as though people think its a supercar. They are TRIPE, utter TRIPE.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Welcome to ClioSport!

Let's be honest, your car (as it stands) won't be liked by most on here. You need to try and ignore any comments that seem like they are a personal attack and thrive on the constructive criticism.

I hope you return to ClioSport, but I wouldn't be surprised if you never return again

clio 1.2
ignore the negative comments, its not to everyones taste but its you're car so you choose how it looks. personally im not keen on it but its not my car and i think you could make something out of it. dont jump on the band wagon and follow everyones advice saying what to do because it will look the same as everything else on here. anyway good luck with the project pal

p.s watch you're spelling ;)

this is actually 'savable'.

i mean its not to everyones tastes, and what?! thats the spice of life. not sure why im defending it but it could look ok. stickers off like now, sort wheels black and that bonnet, exhausts are comical but like i said its savable if you do things right...

but then again whats 'right'

the opinion of cs? who knows...