ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodyear Eagles F1's discontinued HELP!

172 Cup 2003
As title, tried everywhere to get a set and people who do have them are bunging aload on top now :dapprove:

Such a quailty tyre really like them!

Now what do i go for? heard both good/bad things about PE2's and i think TOYO's are dangerous in the wet so need 4 X tyres sames quality as F1 GSD3's

Also where is the cheapest place for the deal?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
used to put the toyo 1-s on my vts! never failed me an sweared by them! especially in the wet when on the motor way you can only see a mist an 2 dry lines in your mirror. only the r888 track tyres i've heard are suspect in the wet! going to try toyos on my cup next! the amount of water the toyos dispersed on the motorway was unbelievable!

i too would welcome views on this as i dont want to spend out on a nice ful set if they dont suite the characteristics of the car!

i know alot of this is personal preference but i welcome opinions none the less!

cheers j

172 Cup 2003
I had Those Toyos on my car but i felt in heavier rain / standing water they felt twitchy but thats just me and the guy from etyres hq who had them on his Williams

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
maybe so! just might no suite the clios! never had a problem myself they seemed to take the punishment pretty well in the weT always give them the motorway junction test lol! heard t1-r are ok mate has them on a crx vtec. says they are a big improvement! other than that my choice was going to be eagle f1's (until about 5 mins ago) great lol.other than that going to have to get looking around again!
j

172 Cup 2003
Cheers mate spent all day doing insurance and tyres pullin out clumps of hair and screaming alot LOL

Toyo's are a million times worse than F1s IMO!

Are they really discontinued though? Is there a press release or email from them to this effect?!?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
thats my job next month! dredded insurance again! and then tyres! also gotta find coilovers bushes and a new speedline turini for a spare! such a bloody list! might go for the t1-r ill just kick my mates arse if they crap! he works at a trye place so i aint willing to pay too much if you know what i mean! j

172 Cup 2003
Got three people to speak to goodyear hq been discountinued and will be replaced will asemitrix tyre range...dunno when tho

172 Cup 2003
trust me matey call etyres or camskill they only stock GSD£ and called and been discont. And camskill are well clued up.
they won a sodding award for being the best tyres as well

Audi TT 225 Quattro
yep they are discontinued, my cousin works in a tyre fitting place and ive been on at him for 2 months to try get me one as one was running low ( 4mm left so its gone on the back for now ) everytime he speaks to the suppliers they say out of stock and no idea when /if any are coming in.. im going for a set of parada 2's next.

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
I need tyres next month as well... i need 2 front tyres and i think im gona get 2 x Michellin Pilot Exaltos i need the 205/45/16

Any ideas where i can get them cheap?

Cup'd Monaco 172
I was after F1's. Went for Pirelli P Zero Nero. Standard size. Very impressed. Superb in the rain which surprised me as all other pirelli tyres I have tried were shocking in the rain.

Octavia vRS tfsi
Who gives a sh1t how tyres 'look'. Some of the best 'looking' tyres I've ever had the misfortune of driving on are also some of the worst I've experienced.
The new Eagle F1 Asymetric have gotten outstanding reviews in completely blind tests in EVO. I for one will be looking forward to trying them out if at some point in the future I change from the TOYO T1-R!

Who gives a sh1t how tyres 'look'. Some of the best 'looking' tyres I've ever had the misfortune of driving on are also some of the worst I've experienced.
The new Eagle F1 Asymetric have gotten outstanding reviews in completely blind tests in EVO. I for one will be looking forward to trying them out if at some point in the future I change from the TOYO T1-R!
You're are of course right, but looking cool is just a bonus :p lol

I've just got a reply to my email btw:

Hi,

Thanks for your e-mail.

In certain sizes F1 GSD2 & 3 are still available. F1 Asymmetric though as time goes on will become the main ultimate high performance tyre.

With regards to prices we advise you speak to your local tyre supplier.

Regards

Peter Wayte
Product Support & Service

So not exactly a conclusive email lol but sheds some light.

I guess it's much the same as before when the 3 came out - the 2 remained in some sizes.

Which sizes though doesn't seem clear...

Have replied to ask for more info!

Mk2 172
I had Those Toyos on my car but i felt in heavier rain / standing water they felt twitchy but thats just me and the guy from etyres hq who had them on his Williams

T1 rs are the replacement for the T1's and there a massive improvement. T1's were dreadfull in wet and not that great in dry really!

You're are of course right, but looking cool is just a bonus :p lol

I've just got a reply to my email btw:

Hi,

Thanks for your e-mail.

In certain sizes F1 GSD2 & 3 are still available. F1 Asymmetric though as time goes on will become the main ultimate high performance tyre.

With regards to prices we advise you speak to your local tyre supplier.

Regards

Peter Wayte

So not exactly a conclusive email lol but sheds some light.

I guess it's much the same as before when the 3 came out - the 2 remained in some sizes.

Which sizes though doesn't seem clear...

Have replied to ask for more info!
Ok, have had a reply to my follow up email:
Thanks for your e-mail.

I have forwarded your e-mail onto marketing should a list be available to the public. If not we would advise you to look at the sizes shown on the website.

Regards

Peter Wayte

So carry on as we were then... lol