ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google+

Citroen DS3 DSport
Nothing but a FB rip off from what I've seen so far. Anyone else got an account yet?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Closed BETA is it not?
Wouldn't let me make an account :(

"Just" another social networking site indeed, but knowing Google, it will probably be huge.

If you have any friends with a G+ account then you can get invited in easily enough. Nothing very exciting to see though.

172, Tiguan
Yeah I got on there this morning but without others on there it's next to useless. Give it time I guess.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I have my G+ now, its so similar to facebook! BUT, I can see that they are trying to be clever!

Its like Facebook AND Twitter rolled in to one!!!! Smart move if you ask me!!!

Very interesting so far, but very empty...

RIP Dan
I have my G+ now, its so similar to facebook! BUT, I can see that they are trying to be clever!

Its like Facebook AND Twitter rolled in to one!!!! Smart move if you ask me!!!

Very interesting so far, but very empty...

Send me an invite and i'll be your friend ;-)

Honda. Tesla Someday
I sent invites to a couple of mates and they didnt receive, then they saw a message from Google saying amount exceeded try again later.

Will see what happens.

My take so far:

Twitter is a success because it is simple and to the point. People who want a more comprehensive social experience use Facebook. Its either, or, or both. Google+ seems to be aiming at both markets from what I can see. To be honest, so far its tedious, and circles are s**t. You have to add each person to a 'circle' or multiple 'circles' and its just annoying and pointless!!! I really cant see a HUGE benefit with it but they have completely integrated it! Its like they want it to be EVERYTHING and at the same time be simplistic! A very odd approach!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The circles approach is very much based around trying to create a personal and a professional persona I think, so think of it more like facebook and linkedin rolled into one...

It's not a bad idea, but not that strong IMO, facebook already have the monopoly and it'd take something huge for people to migrate, plus people won't want to lose their photos etc.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
The circles approach is very much based around trying to create a personal and a professional persona I think, so think of it more like facebook and linkedin rolled into one...

It's not a bad idea, but not that strong IMO, facebook already have the monopoly and it'd take something huge for people to migrate, plus people won't want to lose their photos etc.

Thats what i said to someone there other day. Trying to migrate all the content to Circles from Facebook will take ages with the amount of photos some people have. It will take time to build up, and it will probably be decent, but it aint going to budge Facebook imo!

Sam!

IMO the circles is a good idea as it allows you to keep work/personal stuff seperate. Yes you can do this on facebook....but how many people know you can?

You can't post on peoples profiles though :S. Or have I missed something? lol

It looks clean and simple because there's about 6 people on it. Wait until it has millions and they cover it in ads.

People don't use Facebook because they love Zuckybug, because they like the blue logo or anything else that Google can beat, they use it because that's where all their friends are. Facebook does what it does, better than anyone else. That's why it's won ahead of Friendster etc and MySpace is just bands.

Google+ is doing the same things as Facebook, just 7 years late. Obviously it will get members because it's new and people want to try it and then there's the people that moan about Facebook being evil, but other than that, the average people who use facebook as a tool to keep in touch, won't give a s**t.

Honda. Tesla Someday
It looks clean and simple because there's about 6 people on it. Wait until it has millions and they cover it in ads.

People don't use Facebook because they love Zuckybug, because they like the blue logo or anything else that Google can beat, they use it because that's where all their friends are. Facebook does what it does, better than anyone else. That's why it's won ahead of Friendster etc and MySpace is just bands.

Google+ is doing the same things as Facebook, just 7 years late. Obviously it will get members because it's new and people want to try it and then there's the people that moan about Facebook being evil, but other than that, the average people who use facebook as a tool to keep in touch, won't give a s**t.

Agreed!

S3, Polo
kRkOR.jpg

? :rasp:

Considering it's not even been public though, that's insane.

Expected to have doubled by the w.e.... I don't think it'll be a success, but I think it'll pull in some impressive numbers to start with.

Not really. This is Google. 10m would be mighty impressive if you'd set it up, but they have billions of people using their products everyday.

If you have a Google account for anything else, you don't have to register, you just log-in and it's done. So a lot of people will be doing that. Realising it's a massive pain to start with 0 friends and leaving.