ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GoPro issues?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Bought myself a hero 8 black, but having issues where it just stops recording!
The sound still works but the video freezes, so it's the same frame for ages until the recording ends.

Seems completely random, sometimes a full 11 minutes perfect, sometimes f***s up after a minute, sometimes after 5. Doing my head in.

It's basically brand new and using the SD card that GoPro provided so shouldn't be any compatibility issues?

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Obvious question but have you got the latest software?

I’ve got a Hero 7 Silver and the Sony MicroSD I had decided to s**t itself for no apparent reason. Have you popped it into the SD adaptor and plugged it into your computer to see if it works and downloads the footage ok?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Obvious question but have you got the latest software?

I’ve got a Hero 7 Silver and the Sony MicroSD I had decided to s**t itself for no apparent reason. Have you popped it into the SD adaptor and plugged it into your computer to see if it works and downloads the footage ok?

The freezing is on the camera playback too not just when I download it.
the camera is about 2 weeks old and did a full update when I first set it up. Will have another go tomorrow.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Worth trying another card if you have one.

If that doesn't work, send it back.

Reactions: Pep
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Sounds like a duff camera to me mate. I had that with my GoPro 4 which needed exchanging as it just stopped recording with no discernible pattern. I concede I must have just been unlucky, I still didn't like it so I've moved to Sony (FDRX3000) which is a vastly superior unit, perhaps not to the GoPro 8 but it is quite a few years old now and hasn't missed a beat.

Reactions: Pep

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a Hero 8 Black a couple of months ago... nothing but problems with it. Sometimes it refused to read the SD cards (I tried several brands and sizes), sometimes it would not recognise the USB cable, sometimes it would not connect wirelessly. I had it replaced. The replacement is... just as bad. I'm currently in the process of getting that one sent back, too. Nightmare. :(

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I bought a Hero 8 Black a couple of months ago... nothing but problems with it. Sometimes it refused to read the SD cards (I tried several brands and sizes), sometimes it would not recognise the USB cable, sometimes it would not connect wirelessly. I had it replaced. The replacement is... just as bad. I'm currently in the process of getting that one sent back, too. Nightmare. :(

Fiddlesticks, doesn’t sound too good then. Did you buy direct from GoPro? Easy to deal with?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I had some really weird issues with my Hero7, seemed to just freeze up if it was ever used in warm weather, also didn't seem that fond of water.
Very annoying as I didn't realise until I was already on holiday so didn't get much footage.
To be fair to GoPro I sent them a video of the camera acting weirdly and they sent me a new one straight away which has (touch wood) worked great for 18 months or so.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Likely to be the memory card. I've had this on go pros and other cameras when the card is up the creek.

My hero 8 freezes when I take it off charge and then runs its self out, very helpful.

My refurbished gopro certified hero 3 records the audio out of sync with the video by a random amount anywhere from 0 to 3 seconds. makes editing excellent fun...not.