ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got a 172 cup what should i buy?

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Neither.

Both will turn it from a lovely car into a molested chav wagon, give next to zero performance gains and make it sound like an old knacker.

If you must have a 'performance' exhaust, go for 1 of the stealth options like the K-Tec Stealth or Yozzasport stealth.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If you want noise, yoz race. If you want quiet, yoz stealth. I have both. The stealth is unbelievable tbh. The only non-oe exhaust I've ever had fitted that doesn't give off any boom/resonance at mway speed.

BG 182
yes but im on a lowish budget and theres 2 i know of that are for sale second hand for £150ish so its out of them 2, i had scorpion before an liked that so im bit unsure

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Standard or stealth S/Steel, no point buying something else just because it's cheap.

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
+2, learn how to drive the car as it likes to be driven. (and thats not a dig at your driving skills)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
+1. Unless your exhaust is falling off, there is no need to change it. If it is falling off, i suggest a Yozza/Ktec stealth. Anything else will just look lame imho.

This. And if you think you don't need an advanced driving course then the chances are you really do.

If the exhaust really needs changing, make it single exit recessed or stealth.

BG 182
ermm i do not need a driving course 1 bit i drive on the roads, if i go on a track i would love to have one. and yes the exhaust is bolloxed so want a ss because will last longer all i want is single exit. obviously no ones helping on what i asked, better decide myself thanks:dapprove:

1.8 Civic EX
The help is there it's just coming across wrong...basically don't buy either of the two you are looking at and get a yoz or Ktec stealth instead...

Ph 1 172
How much is the most you want to spend? Might be able to help a bit more then on something other than just saying ktec stealth or yozza!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I had a K-Tec stelth on my Mk 1 172 and was great fitting a bit of a pain but made a nice noice and helped with the revs and deare i say a little more power .

ermm i do not need a driving course 1 bit i drive on the roads, if i go on a track i would love to have one. and yes the exhaust is bolloxed so want a ss because will last longer all i want is single exit. obviously no ones helping on what i asked, better decide myself thanks:dapprove:

BG 182
iv got £150 i know that others are better but k-tec an yozza's dont come up for sale second hand much so dont need telling, im only keeping the car another year so just want something ss an cheap

172 Cup, Freelander
My cup had a Scorpion system on when i bought it. I've just taken it off and put a standard one on. The scorpion would smack into the bumper every now and then, looked turd, and didn't sound that great either.

That said, you can have it if you wanna come and get it? Otherwise it'll be going to the tip :S

BG 182
sorry was laughing at gaz44's comment. i would mate but costs are bit to high this piper is only 6 months old and can get it for £140 so looks like will be that
thanks anyway

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
for a ph1 though o well
Same fitment iirc. They have an adjustable section for the different cats (from memory).

Not the best exhaust, very heavy (sag's like crazy in the middle section), and boomy at mway speeds.

Epic, epic waste of money if yours doesn't need changing.