ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my 182 and a quick query!

Renault Clio 182
Hi all, I got my 182 just over a week ago now its an 04 plate in silver with 30k on the clock the car is in excellent condition but I do have one query the car sounds fine when im just poodling along but if I accelerate hard it sounds really raspy from what sounds from sort of right under the middle of the car, is this where the cat is located on the exhaust and could it be a knackered one? I would appreciate your views! Thanks.

M140i/Orange 182
if its the same exhuast that been on the car since birth then maybe, 182 exhaust are poo imo, mine started to rattle and iam only on 9600 miles..

not sure though, could be something else.

just thought you could of got a 04 182 with less milage on?? how much you pay? :)

Renault Clio 182
It was £9300 from a Renault dealer, they did the 36k service for me and changed all the pads as well I thought it seemed a okish deal.

Renault Clio 182
Yep that would be a good way to describe the sound! My girlfriend has just got in from work as well and the first thing she said was what is that funny smell coming from your car! Could that be cat related I went and had a smell and there is defo something in the air.

Last edited:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Mine makes that sound but has since new. I thought they all sounded like that?