ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my 182 on the dyno today!

Renault Clio RS182
So stuck the old girl on the dyno today and she made 165.8 Whp and 147.0 Ft.Ibs is that about right for a 182 with 125000 on the clock with a piper cross panel filter and scorpion decat pipe and from what I can see through the hole where the injector sits when I changed one a port matched intake manifold? Ignore the fact it says clio 172 on the dyno graph Jole didn’t realise it was a 182 🙈😂

Attachments

• EEAF9153-F07A-4718-AEF2-BE23E3C02665.jpeg
    EEAF9153-F07A-4718-AEF2-BE23E3C02665.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 92

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Wheel horse power is strong I would say.

Normally a dyno will then run down in neutral to allow the transmission losses to be estimated.

The 182 PS refers to the power at the flywheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
On second glance your wheel horse power isn’t 165bhp. It’s 140 ish.

There is definitely some gains to be had back. Most likely a cam timing thing on these engines.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Seems pretty decent, but the graph and the numbers underneath are abit confusing?

165 at the wheels on a relatively stock car is pretty healthy.

Renault Clio RS182
Yeah I’m confused by the numbers underneath the graph! Is the 165whp an average over the three dyno pulls? Joel seemed to think that it might have been mapped at some point as it pop n bangs on the run down 🤔

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I’m confused by the numbers underneath the graph! Is the 165whp an average over the three dyno pulls? Joel seemed to think that it might have been mapped at some point as it pop n bangs on the run down [emoji848]

I would ask for clarification if I was you.

Those 3 dyno runs average at 140ish wheel horse power. There in black and white.

Which would make it around 165bhp at the flywheel. If that’s the case it makes sense. And there is something to be gained back by investigating cam timing / engine condition.

The confusion is that you state 165 whp. But the graphs all show significantly less. Find out what is true. I suspect it’s down on power. If it is then you can put a plan in place to get it fixed.

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
165hp at the flywheel. That'd be about right for a 182 from the few I've been around being dyno'd.

If it's known as an accurate Dyno rather than an ego-massaging one I'd be happy with that.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
As above, stock cars are usually around 160-170 on a good solid, not ego inflating dyno so it's about on the money

Renault Clio RS182
Yeah I’m happy with the results as the car pulls very well with no complaints at all. Doesn’t feel like the timings out to me but I’m no mechanic