ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got my apex springs........ ahhhh

H22A7 Accord Type R

after a YEAR of waiting for the free insurance to sun out etc etc, i have now got my APEX (aka gay) -40mm springs! now i just have to wait to get them fitted! I aint brave enough to try the DIY guide lol!!!! Ahhhhhh :)

And now Im going to ruin your day by telling you, you could have done that with the free insurance!!!! Sorry... (Im assuming you had free Renault insurance)

Lionel Richie

POOFY POOFY POOF POOF!!!!! Lets see how long it is until you decide that 40mm isnt low enough and ill be saying "told you so!!!"

H22A7 Accord Type R

noel........believe me i tried about the free insurance but they werent having any of it! anyways, means that my car is 1yr old now n i aint bored with it at all yet.......only just started to play with it!

Lionel Richie

Finally someone admits theyre gay!!!!! woohoo!!!!

ello sailor!!! ;) where did you get your springs from big boy????

Williams 2, STi N12

Lets see how long it takes you to suss out that 80mm is too far and your handling is crap!!

Dont listen to them mate.... 40mm is fine.... Theirs handle like a pongo stick.... You should have listened to me though and got shortened shocks to match your springs

Lionel Richie

I know the handling will be crap, and i know that my wheel bearings will smash to pieces, and i also know many of my suspension parts will fail, but it will be the lowest mk2 1998 onwards shape clio in the country (on 17s) which will do me just fine!!!!!!!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

** tom super offensive mode on **

look im not a gay reggae loving veggie who has a camper van

i have low clio which looks the nuts and corners far better than it did standard!! Plus it dont do that sh*tty "i cant drive my car smoothly because my engine moves 3 feet back every time i change gear" thing.

so there

** tom super offensive mode off **

Oh right, is it basically to go with Robs apex springs then? Apart from he didnt get them..i dont want to go down to 40mm really, no more than 30mm

SPAX SPAX SPAX SPAX SPAX SPAX SPAX SPAX SPAX SPAX!

I know someone who has just got some on his focus and he is well happy with them.... It not corners like its on rails... Hardly leans!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

take it im being ignored

steve my man where did you obtain said kit sounds cheap

actually it would be nice to get all of our 1.2s in one place and compare

im not saying mine is good but it would be nice to see the changes between the heights

As it sounds like a bargain i might go for this Spax kit. I know halfords fit and the supply the kits which is handy.

Ok goto <A target=_blank href= "http://www.spax.co.ukwww.spax.co.uk they now also do a 60mm PSX kit which is shortened adjustable shocks and matched springs.....

I dont have my car lowered im too gay... I dont want to hamper the resell value and i want to get rid of it.......

Its quite hard suspension Rob..... But very very good....

Well i could always just take it all off when i wanted to sell/px it. I dont think it would hamper resale, it might just take longer to sell until you find the right sort of a buyer, e.g 18 year olds first car whos into modded cars.

Ill see how much dosh i have at the end of the month

Hmmmm maybe.... But I know when I buy cars if they have an exhaust, suspension induction etc I know they have been thrashed..... So I go for standard cars....

Yup me to... If I was keeping my car for longer I would have done the suspension but im not so i will put the 200 quid in a savings account ready for my CTR

Lionel Richie

JUST BEEN SPEAKING TO FK AUTOMOTIVE THEMSELVES, THEY CAN CUSTOM BUILD ME COILOVERS THATLL LOWER THE CAR UPTO 100mm!!!!!!

None of you poofs care anyway!!!

total price £649!!

lol.... just weld a pole in there.... besides if you lower anymore than 40mm you need to get your camber sorted out so 100 mm..... your only have the edge of the tyres touching the road

LOL.

my mate didnt sort his camber angle out and new tyres lasted a month before one side of the tyre was down to the thread, where as the other side was un touched!!

Ah well.... You might as well get nice 85 70 15s tyres on your car Fred coz you wont get any less grip than your getting now.... ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 02 April 2003

itll be a small price to pay!!!! Im not going all the way down to 100mm, 80mm for now!!!
Sure you dont bat for the other side?

100mm Fred, you low-ass mofo!! Youll need 20"s to keep the front splitter off the kerb!

Tom, how exactly did you get rid of that engine-moving-three-feet-every-time-I-change-gear-so-cant-drive-smoothly-therefore-get-a-sl*gging-off-my-dad-every-time-hes-in-my-car problem?? And does this solution youve found also sort the gearknob-moves-about-six-inches-every-time-you-step-on-or-off-the-throttle-and-girlfriend-thinks-its-a-novelty-moving-gearstick problem as well??? I can only live on hope that youll give away your amazing secret!! :D