ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my Clio!!! One little problem

Clio 172
Morning Guys

Got my 172 yesterday (Ill post a pic or two soon) and I bloody love it.
One little issue that I hope you may be able to help me with.

When opening or closing the drivers door Iget a loud click as if the hinge was dropping or hitting something. I have checked and clearance is fine. Nothing in the way and the circlips holding the hindge look in good working order.

Any ideas??

Paul

Clio 172
Trade.
Everything is great with it. Service light came on as I drove out. Returned, explained the light had came on and the gave me £200 to get the 40000K service done.
The door thing only started this morning when I got out at work.

Its a strange one.

320d
Only the service light or the airbag light aswell?

What year reg is it?

Door issue sounds more like a wear and tear thing to be honest

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
mine did this! wasnt really a cure just coated with rease and its worn in in time and stopped

Clio 182ff
i had the same problem when i picked the 182 up, everything looked fine at first glance but turned out the door had dropped slightly and was catching on the sill every now and again!

Clio 172
Air Bag light came on last night but hasnt come back on since I turned it off than on again.

Its a 03 plate with 39,500K on the clock

320d
If the airbag and service light come on together is usually the wiring connector under the passenger seat thats loose which is a common problem

You'll have to start coming to some of the local meets

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Airbag + Serv light on is normally the connections under your drivers or passengers seat come slightly loose. Mine has done it on both sides so far even though people on here only say it ever happens passengers side.

Iceburg 172FF
when mine did this it was the star screw thing that was loose. tightened it up and no more clunking or dropping when opening the door.

Clio 172
Thanks Guys for all your help.

Got my head unit / sub and amp fitted today so ill try all the door tricks tomorrow.

Cheers