ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my rear strut brace in

telford-mike I have ordered the front brace but K-tec have not finished designing it (number 2 on the list at the moment) and back seats are in the garage where they are staying.

dogmaul Its a Ktec Stainless Steel rear brace cost £59 + Vat and Delivery

looks good mate, seem to have something new done to the car every week, i really should get off my arse and fit my coilovers

Very nice paul - cup coming together nicely - any noticeable improvement in performance with those heavy seats removed, although i suppose the strut brace puts the weight back on! lol

I strut brace does seam of stiffened thing up quite a bit.

Got no noises from the back now when hitting speed bumbs a bit to quick.

Should have more pics as my new amp has just arrived.

Car was quicker with all the seats stripped out but the Diamond sub is so heavy its like carrying another person.

Is the K-Tec s/s one for looks/show (i.e. made from thin s/s) or is it functional as well (and thus performs the same as a steel one)?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 29 April 2003

Michael from Telford, its two nuts my friend!!!!
so, take nuts off (does suspension fall out?), fit holes in ends of brace over exposed threaded bits, nuts back on - that simple? If it is Im having one of those for sure. Also Fred the extra weight will lower the rear of my car an extra 0.1mm :D

um......wouldnt it be a far better idea to bolt it to the shell rather than the weak strut top threads!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 29 April 2003

um......wouldnt it be a far better idea to bolt it to the shell rather than the weak strut top threads!
weld it you mean

lol erm...ok.

Hard loading means theyre all over the place, the brace keeps them at equal distance at all times. However its not always a good thing which is why i dont bother with them. You said why not weld it all, which presents your intent is to stiffen up the car..which i then said wasnt the point. Maybe im missing something, in which case dont um and ahh and explain instead! ;)

-Rob

keeping the tops equi distant is one thing, reatining static geometry is another. You canhave them the same distance at the top, but it wont mean that they are the same distance at the bottom (excluding the fact that they are on a beam axle :oops:).

By fixing it to the strut tops (the towers) and not just the shocks 10mm threaded bar, youll keep them equidistant AND retain the geometry relative to the chassis pickup points, meaning.....you KNOW what the suspension is doign mid corner, mid compression and you KNOW what to change and how it will affect the car.

Well done.

Anyway, i like it when a cars all over the place (relatively), more fun. Which is why i found a std 172 more of a laugh than a Cup.

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 29 April 2003

Well done.

Anyway, i like it when a cars all over the place (relatively), more fun. Which is why i found a std 172 more of a laugh than a Cup.

-Rob
Stop changing your mind!!!!!

you said you liked understeery car swhich you tweeked witha little left footing! ;)

Clio v6

Is it needed in a Cup as this is an ultra special model?

Dont Renault put one in if it is needed?

Is it dangerous without it?

and know I no nothing about suspension geometry before you ask.

Do I need to rush out and get some?

Should I sue Renault for not fitting one to my car?

yes, your car will blow uo and youll die if you dont get one!!!

nah, wont make any real diff, teh chassis is stiff as it is....and the rear doesnt get much stess, and you should be lifting the inside wheel anyway, its not on the ground it dont matter.....hehehe

Clio 200 FF

does it fit onto the thread on the strut tops or do you have to drill new holes?

i was told the front OMP brace had to have new holes drilled in the strut tops which i arent keen on doing :(