ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got myself a Kia over here in 'murica

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Not been on the forum in a while.

Still out here in Arizona. I was first driving a PT Cruiser which was horrendous, then got myself a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4L with 244k on it and it died 3 months later in a Taco Bell drive through, luckily I only paid about $400 for it.

Decided I wanted something newer and luckily the gym I train/work at sponsors some pretty big car dealerships out here so got intouch with the CEO who I work out with and got a great deal on a 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX, wanted a mini cooper S but decided against it, its got the 2.4L engine with a 6 speed manual gearbox, super smooth to drive and has all the gadgets and extras (bluetooth, sports seats, sports suspension, upgraded sound system, satellite radio etc).

So nice to drive and feels really planted on the roads, super happy.

1907330_10154110024715293_8831003547149666251_n.jpg

10258561_10154117087605293_8530009805486357945_n.jpg

Plans are upgrade the kia badges on the back to the new 2014 ones which look much nicer and get a debadged grill, get the windows tinted as its seriously hot out here and thats about it for now

thanks

Lynden

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very cool Lynden. Never expected it to look like that!

How's things? You've never updated your thread! :(

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
just updated it sir, will do a full update tonight when i get back from work but life is good mate yeah and yeah the kia is super nice, im actually surprised by how nice it is inside as well.

Nissan 350z
Damn that looks good. Wish we could get them over here instead of getting only the Cee'd

Last edited:

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
I've spent a bit of time in AZ, Tempe & Glendale mainly, I have a mate that used to live there he's moved to ABQ now. Anyway I thought only OAP's & Asians drove them, real men drive something like these. ;)

etujy6em.jpg

ford-650-500-lifted_ford_f650_17855_20080123_lwtmk.jpg

Seriously though it does look nice, living in such a dry state though I would've been tempted to go with an old Yank tank myself, no chance of any rust etc & cheap 'gas' prices.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Nice cars. Was tempted by one but the build quality on Korean built ones aren't the best. The new K3 Coup is also beautiful.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Damnit. I wanted to **** you off but... its a nice looking car. Hope MURRICCAAAAA be treating you well!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I've spent a bit of time in AZ, Tempe & Glendale mainly, I have a mate that used to live there he's moved to ABQ now. Anyway I thought only OAP's & Asians drove them, real men drive something like these. ;)

etujy6em.jpg

ford-650-500-lifted_ford_f650_17855_20080123_lwtmk.jpg

Seriously though it does look nice, living in such a dry state though I would've been tempted to go with an old Yank tank myself, no chance of any rust etc & cheap 'gas' prices.

i would love like a jeep or something but just not my style yet, and getting through a drive through in that thing! No thanks haha

got it on finance yeah?

Money down and financed the rest yes, is that a problem?

Looks quite good that, Lynden!

How are things pal? All good?

thabjs mate, yeah everything is well actually. Just loving life at the moment!

Damnit. I wanted to **** you off but... its a nice looking car. Hope MURRICCAAAAA be treating you well!

Haha yeah it's smart, nice to drive aswell and people do some crazy s**t to these on the forte forums! Murica is sweet!

but of an update, ordered some new boot and grill badges as I hate the kia ones, got the new style ones....

62E73C0D-E569-4D55-B719-6FDF4802600E_zpsgwhoodad.png

Also toying with the idea of this little oem lip spoiler as it sets the back off nicely, will also be taking the forte and koup badges off

6B91B8F0-4538-4893-BDE0-61C36671721C_zps6zgzaqw1.jpg

Most probably going to end up on some eibach springs as well then it's done!

thanks

lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I like them for now, they suit the colour really well.

I was reading up on the car and apparently Kia actually hired Audi's old head designer and this was his first project which is pretty cool, the side on shape reminds me of the 2011 camaro just bigger.

Badges should be arriving today, will be nice as it's so hot here I don't need to heat the old ones off to get them off haha

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
And thanks for the positive comments, I will get an interior picture today, the seats are sports seats and super comfy, like half cloth half alcantara/suede. they really hug you in, really nice to drive in

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Switched the badges out today from the Kia ones to some new style 2014 Kia badges, looks so much nicer!

Had to do it fast as it's so hot out today it's insane, sweating just walking taking the rubbish out, no fun at all!

Old ones
B1A62954-925F-4B9D-92E5-65C0800F5108_zpsc7tiezem.jpg

B286E95C-03D1-486A-9D4F-636A703B02FE_zpszqcbmry4.jpg

Also took off the forte badge, new look

5DF49DD4-581A-40CE-B18B-DF8B19210DDC_zpsp6nquj2y.jpg

And the rear
F7DA855B-5D32-4E35-BF22-F3B70CB1D34F_zpscqzqhnn9.jpg

Next is same badges for the wheels, shark fin Ariel, small lip spoiler and eibachs then it's done.

was driving round with the roof open yesterday and the exhaust sounds great as well

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Tempted to remove the Koup badge and paint the silver part black so it's the red K and the rest is black but not too sure yet. Also need to get the windows tinted before summer really kicks in

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I will do it's in Celsius haha right now it's like 27 but will get to 36-37 by 4 o'clock and highs in the summer last year it was 48-51 for about 50 days straight, it's not like Spain where it's hottest noon-2pm it gets hottest here at like 2pm-4pm

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
That's why I always visited my mate for Thanksgiving so the weather was a bit cooler.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeah it's getting silly hot now, especially when you first get in the car, luckily the AC is great in the Koup

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Looks good that. I saw the Kia Optima with those badges on, seriously looks great.

Looks a good size car that Kia. Can you just go to a Jiffy Lube and get them serviced there and then too?

Hope America is good too.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Looks good that. I saw the Kia Optima with those badges on, seriously looks great.

Looks a good size car that Kia. Can you just go to a Jiffy Lube and get them serviced there and then too?

Hope America is good too.

of course, drive through oil changes haha

Nice looking car that.

Shipped your stuff yet?

thanks and no I ended up just basically selling it all to people I knew and just started over!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I will do it's in Celsius haha right now it's like 27 but will get to 36-37 by 4 o'clock and highs in the summer last year it was 48-51 for about 50 days straight, it's not like Spain where it's hottest noon-2pm it gets hottest here at like 2pm-4pm

I've just come back from a couple of weeks working in Atlanta, temps got up to about 30/31 but the weird thing was it built up throughout the day and carried on right through the evening with it only starting to drop well into the night.

Was a pity I didn't know about that when I got there, first day leaving the office about 7 thought I'd walk the just over a mile and a half back to the hotel as it looked nice and sunny still and was early evening so would be a bit cooler.

That was a mistake, temperature was still stupid hot and carrying two bags wasn't much fun, don't think have ever sweated so much just walking.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Just bought some Eibach springs and hopefully changing to a CAI in the next few weeks aswell, will post pictures when they are fitted

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I've just got back from Arizona myself.
If you get a chance get up to Flagstaff great night out on the piss :).

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I've just got back from Arizona myself.
If you get a chance get up to Flagstaff great night out on the piss :).

You got out before the heat then haha I'm actually going up towards flagstaff this weekend, going to sedona doing some cliff jumping and hiking the creeks.

That looks great!

thanks, I'm really starting to like it, also it handles well and looking forward to dropping it a little on the eibachs

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Haven't seen a rattle snake yet actually, seen a bunch of Xila Monsters, scorpions and coyotes though, also the windows tinted today, a must in this heat, looks a lot nicer, eibachs should be on within the next week or so

284530B0-0C26-419C-9A45-23384417DB6A_zpszojyes1r.jpg