ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got new engine installed in cup!!

BMW 330d :)
After my cup engine expired just out of warranty renault and arnold clark had to fit me a new one!

I still had to pay over a £1k for it which I thought was alot but I had a new engine and a few things thrown in as well..

Now I've just got to run it in all over again!!

Oh and they fitted a new gearbox mount which completely cured the banging I had under acceleration!! Really recommended!!

Cant wait to drive it again!

yeah a 12 month warranty for the engine which was good.

The funny thing about it was that the garage were wanting to charge me £5700 for the supply and fitting of the exchange engine!!

So i got off pretty lightly!

The funny thing is that they said that the fact it was burning oil had nothing to do with them leaving the sump plug loose so it fell out when the engine was running!!

Bunch of jokers!

Bearsden left the sump plug loose but dunbarton put the new engine in.
Dunbarton seem to know what they are doing at least...

Both arnold clark...

Bearsden left the sump plug loose but dunbarton put the new engine in.
Dunbarton seem to know what they are doing at least...

Both arnold clark...

So your saying your original engine failed due to a garage not tightening a sump plug? :S

They were saying that the complete failure of the engine was too long after the sump plug fell out so that they would only contribute 75% towards the cost.

Still its better than legal action.

And the dumbarton branch seems decent. The service manager was a nice guy, spoke to him for ages about his various cars he had, v6 clio, 182 and subarus....

Have to take the car back in 1000 miles for a full inspection.

Oh and they are throwing in the 48,000 mile service for free and a few other things.

tiTTy & SV650
hope it stays good Fraser, I know how much energy has gone into getting it this far.

TBH people can speculate but you know fine well that you weren't going to get anything more out of them without a lot more grief and time.

Cheers rory i appreciate it!!

Hope my car at least stays good to allow me to settle into my new house!!

Hope ur speed machine is going well!