ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got STANCE? (Pic Heavy)

Toyota MR2
i was going to get some of the camber bolts. just to play with and fine tune the front end although I'm tempted to change my whole suspension set up atm haha :)

camber does look epic.

Thanks!! It definately is not to everyones taste - and i knew this wouldn't go down too well, but i personally think it does look much better!
It feels much better to drive now too, very very responsive.

Dave63 said:
Looking better, back needs more!
Back needs more what, Camber?
Definately. Probably more spacing too..
argh£££ :(

Honda & VW
i've been put off stance and camber since i owned my old Polo Gti totally euro styled, i went through a pair of front tyres in 6 weeks, bear in mind i only could have done a maximum of 500-600 miles in that time, could get expensive.

Thanks Dunn!

yellowbelly,
You're right!
and i'll probably get sick of this very quickly.
But the front tyres that came with the wheels are not in that great shape, so i'm not too fussed if they die quickly.
and i can always adjust the camber back to normal! :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
How many degrees is that Ph-reebone?
I do like those Image wheels TBH
/jealous :eek:

thats only about 3 degrees on the rear mate

i've been put off stance and camber since i owned my old Polo Gti totally euro styled, i went through a pair of front tyres in 6 weeks, bear in mind i only could have done a maximum of 500-600 miles in that time, could get expensive.

i am not pushing much camber on mine really but i have not had a problem with the tyres at all really, and the clio was my daily

Iceberg 172
Completely agree Steve. But i'm 18, and i love my car to be horribley inconvenient at every speedbump etc ;)

i wasn't going for DUB stance BTW, otherwise yes, i've done it completely wrong!
was going for more "Cup Racer Stance"?! :S lol

AH! My bad... I kinda get it now!!!! lol.

I was thinking you were off your tits thinking you had a great "stance" which I always refer to my DUB roots!!

Just keep an eye on your tyres mate!

TT 225
Stevie -

I'm guessing it's wheel off, loosen bolts, turn camber bolt to required setting, tighten back up and wheel back on?

Adam, exactly right.
unless you've got coilovers - in which case you dont really need to twist the bolt, you can just move the bolt along the top adjustment on the shock.
if that makes sense :S

Thanks Ph-ree. i'll bear that in mind. looks like it should equal more. I though that was at least 5 deg's...

haha steve! nahh, i should have mentioned in my opening post really!
Thilly me :eek:

it's one bolt for each shock :) so you just need one pack!
i've got some cheapo Rokkor coilovers and they appear to be fine - a couple of other users have also got them on their coilovers and they're okay!
so i'd say yeah!

DCi 100
You could possibly get away with it with mega hard suspension and cutting the lip of the arch out?

Looks good but, impractical!

Yeah, as said - i'm still undecided tbh!

Alex, yes - that would help. might have a go at cutting some bits of the arches away at the weekend - don't really want to make a mess of it though :S

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
fit 45 profile tyres (rather than 100* lol) and you wont need the camber bolts.

*slight exaggeration

DCi 100
Yeah, as said - i'm still undecided tbh!

Alex, yes - that would help. might have a go at cutting some bits of the arches away at the weekend - don't really want to make a mess of it though :S

Will get a pic where my fronts have kinda dissapeared so I just pulled it off when I can.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
yea or 185's if you can find some, it will give you some stretch (not that, thats what you should have), but stretch will mean theres less chance it will touch.

DCi 100
lol, remember reading that!
Tbh, there was loads of dirt behind the liners anyway :rolleyes:
shows you all the good they do!

The bodged replica skirts are the same, got loads of crap out with my finger the other day when the front wheel was off. Hate to imagine whats under there!

Easy thing is though the front wings are plastic, unlike the metal rears. Plus you can remove them from the car and replace them if they get messed up easily.

are you not going to get proper RS wings & skirts now?
remember reading a while ago that you were pricing it up.

Ah, very true!
can the fronts be rolled? with them being plastic and everything.

there's quite a few notches and lips inside the arch that could be flattened too i guess. need to find out where it actually rubs ideally.

They're definately 45's, Bifcaids.

Can just about make it out at the top...
4622430925_4f1617cd61_b.png

(excuse the bird poo....)

Wierd, as they do look big!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
yea i beleived you bud, might just be the tyre brand, different brands have different tyre walls, my Yoko Sdrives have a curved wall so they look even shallower than they are....

19052010143.jpg

(195/45/15 btw)

i wasn't sure myself tbf :p
didn't mean it like that! lol

yours do look very small, especially for 195's

i'm going to have to do lots of research, aren't I...
that's alright actually, as I've got lots of saving to do now anyway!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
you also have to bear in mind the width of your alloy to the width of your tyre.

mine are 7" wide

clio 197
fit slightly narrower tyres so they stretch a little. this will pull the tyre away from the inner arch giving you a little more clearance so you can have less camber and still stay low.