ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got XBOX 360? Get a HDTV!!!!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
OK, had a 360 since launch and thought it was very good until i got the game i had been waiting for, GRAW and was unimpressed by the graphics and couldn't read the writing on the screen.

Well, my housemate got a 32" Samsung HDTV and OMG what a difference, its a different console, this definitely is all about high def, the games are sooooo much better, GRAW has amazing detail, everything is so much better, first thing monday I am ordering one through the HCI scheme at work as having playing on with HD through component cables i really couldn't go back to a normal TV, would be a waste of time, you really are losing out big time without HD.

One question though, do I set it up with 720p or 1080i please as i'm not sure which is best with the 1080 being interpolated?

dk

911 GTS Cab
think i am going for the samsung 32" (LE32R41BDX) as I can get them cheap through work at the mo, its £650 +VAT but i get it without the VAT and out of my pre taxed earnings through the HCI scheme so over 3 years it is going to cost me around £450 so a bargain really!

There are newer more expensive ones from sansung but the specs on them are exactly the same so it looks like they have changed the design and the old design is going well cheap!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I have a xbox360 and agree that it does look better on a HDTV, but alas I can't afford one with me working part time and all:(.

Just a quick question. As I don't really know alot about HD. Is there really 3 HD inputs on different HDTV sets? i.e. HD componets (Xbox360 lead, which is red,blue & green), HDMI & DVI.

Does anyone know the difference between the three inputs?.

dk

911 GTS Cab
with the 360 i think the only cables for high def are component (red green and blue) and VGA, I am using component which apparently only has a very slight loss.

For HD, the best is HDMI which carries both audio and video and then there is DVI which is only video, for DVI and component you either need the red and white phono cable or an digital optical cable for the sound.

thats how i understand it anyway

Focus ST-2
dave182 said:
OK, had a 360 since launch and thought it was very good until i got the game i had been waiting for, GRAW and was unimpressed by the graphics and couldn't read the writing on the screen.

Well, my housemate got a 32" Samsung HDTV and OMG what a difference, its a different console, this definitely is all about high def, the games are sooooo much better, GRAW has amazing detail, everything is so much better, first thing monday I am ordering one through the HCI scheme at work as having playing on with HD through component cables i really couldn't go back to a normal TV, would be a waste of time, you really are losing out big time without HD.

One question though, do I set it up with 720p or 1080i please as i'm not sure which is best with the 1080 being interpolated?

Dave play in 720p, 1080i is not really that good for games to be honest,to much movement. ps3 is going to be 1080p though:)

Lee

BMW M2C
The only real benefit is the text, it's pin sharp, the actuall graphics aren't drawn any differently so there's no real benefit. A lot of games are suffering with the colour balance too. Microsoft recommend the Samsung screens be used when colour balancing your games, but that's only something they've said recently, which is why King Kong is to dark.

We've got one in the boardroom on a 42" Panasonic Plasma and it looks the dogs, but not £2.5k better which is what the screen cost.

Just had another PS3 arrive!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
PS3 final package or a dev kit? Still not convinced November will see the UK release of it.

I use a HD tv with my Xbox 360 and think it's great.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'd imagine you're equally doubtful that we'll see the PS3 in the shops this year?

Which developer do you work for? Maybe you're not allowed to say that on here for fear of Sony chasing you :D

dk

911 GTS Cab
i get my 32" samsung HD LCD today so in a couple of hours HD gaming, here i come!!!!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Are you online and if so have you downloaded the Battlefield 2 demo from the Marketplace? It's pretty good, I may end up buying the full game.

sony as far as i can read have yet to demo the ps3 (cough if you can call it that as it was in 2 pc cases ) using the hdmi socket

Lee

BMW M2C
I've pre ordered Battlefield. I've been playing the demo a little.

They are in a long silver 3u case at the moment that weights an absolute ton. We've got pretty much f**k all running on them at the moment!! See half way down this page: http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/ LOL Funny piss taking site that.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I like that site :D

Were the 360 dev kits in mac cases? I'm sure I read that somewhere. An ex of mine used to work at a software studio in Newcastle and they used to get excited when all the new kit arrived.

Lee

BMW M2C
The original ones were, but by the time we got ours they were proper units.

Where did she work? It wasn't Rage was it, now Venom games? I used to look after their email and servers.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm currently downloading the Tomb Raider Legends demo from the Marketplace, anyone played this yet?

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Yes I have played it and the graphics aren't that good tbh on the Xbox 360. They look better in the Tomb, but the gameplay is good. I still wouldn't spend £40 - £50 on it though.