ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gran Turismo 7

Clio 172
Really enjoying it so far. Got the old G29 all set up but getting the itch for some of the new Fanatec stuff!

Struggling with the drifting missions though.

PSN ID is M1kuma 👍

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Really enjoying it so far. Got the old G29 all set up but getting the itch for some of the new Fanatec stuff!

Struggling with the drifting missions though.

PSN ID is M1kuma 👍

My mates just had some Fanatec stuff delivered today. I'm awaiting pics haha.

I'm running my old stuff til it fries if possible. 😆

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I had another quick go today at sone licences especially IA-10 the Nurburgring one . I’m like almost a second off from Gold, I just can’t do it lol. I’ve even tried +1 on TC. Some tracks I know the corners and some I’m completely lost and going blind.
I’m on Cafe 14 now I think the Mustang one, what did people buy for that challenge? It needs to be FR

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I had another quick go today at sone licences especially IA-10 the Nurburgring one . I’m like almost a second off from Gold, I just can’t do it lol. I’ve even tried +1 on TC. Some tracks I know the corners and some I’m completely lost and going blind.
I’m on Cafe 14 now I think the Mustang one, what did people buy for that challenge? It needs to be FR
That's the menu I'm up too but haven't picked a car for it yet either

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Some bits from here - https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...R4BuQ5gp63B22yiXAPUIb9aqtkUHcn2wG_dKWtf9b83vQ

"We know that this is not the Gran Turismo experience you expect and we will be making a goodwill gesture in the form of a non-paid credit pack of 1 million Cr. available to those players who may have been affected*. You will see this hit your accounts shortly. Make sure you log into the game before April 25 to claim the credits.

Updates which will come into effect beginning of April:

• Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
  • Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
  • Increase of rewards in Online Races.
  • Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
  • Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
  • Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
Beyond this there will be a few additional patches deployed between now and the end of April which will add new cars and course layouts and make some other fixes.
  • Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
  • Further World Circuit event additions.
  • Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
  • Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top ranked time.
  • Make it so cars can be sold.

*Limit 1 per person. Must own a digital or physical copy of GT7 for PS4 or PS5 prior to the publication of this post (Friday, 25 March at 1:00am PST) and log into Gran Turismo 7 between Friday, March 25 at 5:00pm JST/8:00am GMT/ 1:00am PDT and Monday, April 25 at 5:00pm JST/8:00am GMT/ 1:00am PDT to receive the free credit pack."

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Anyone else got it yet?
19bb0420002546cb75c0b61d111619f9.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
When i saw Jonnio's post i went on the game and it was waiting for me. 1 Million Cr, i think for people who bought the game before the server downtime are eligiable for it. i could be wrong like. I havn't been on this gam much past week. Been on RDR2 anf GTA5 trying to get the free guns for Online. Finally managed it today got the Double Action Revolver in Gold with Pearl handle and the Navy Revolver but it's the other version i got.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I went on it today with the intention of progressing and instead got caught up with making a jap style wide arch kit livery on a Silvia Qs [emoji2359] when I realised the time I had only done one side before having to go out[emoji17] I will actually race and progress on it at some point.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Also whilst making that I came across an issue.

Not sure if any of you like making liveries or not but if you use loads of decals (like rivets or something as they build up quick) they move from their position on the car if you fast scroll down your decal list, to move them back to where you put them you need to slowly scroll one by one up or down the list instead of holding up or down and you see them readjust themselves.

Really frustrating every time I needed to change something at the other end of 152 decals [emoji24]

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I'm just getting frustrated with it now, I'm not sure if it's because I'm using a pad and in the past on Sport I've used a wheel but I feel like my gentle fingering is just rapist fingering.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I'll go into more detail...

M4, lightweight stage 3, medium rear wing, front splitter, fully adjustable race suspension, medium tyres, full diff, racing calipers and discs, race pads.

High speed gentle left hander, rear end... get fucked mate.

I know that isn't how cars work, even in those conditions.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'll go into more detail...

M4, lightweight stage 3, medium rear wing, front splitter, fully adjustable race suspension, medium tyres, full diff, racing calipers and discs, race pads.

High speed gentle left hander, rear end... get fucked mate.

I know that isn't how cars work, even in those conditions.
Are you in the 'i turn TC off because I'm a racing driver camp'? If you are just nudge it up to TC 1. Makes most cars drivable and there's a few videos online now showing it doesn't lose much if any time, especially with the more powerful cars.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Are you in the 'i turn TC off because I'm a racing driver camp'? If you are just nudge it up to TC 1. Makes most cars drivable and there's a few videos online now showing it doesn't lose much if any time, especially with the more powerful cars.
No, no, I do turn it up to 1 on particular cars but I shouldn't have to. It's ridiculous how boost comes in, it's like I'm Cleetus and I've asked for 45lbs of boost to come in at 2.5k.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Definitely fettling to be done on this game. Had to YouTube a few hints to gold all the licences on A (was really only the last two driving me mad) sharper turn in helps so much. Enjoying the mil credits though, fully maxed out my Abarth, seeing as though that's the car I want next irl :p

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I watched about 3/4 of that video , explained it really well . I’m not that fussed of going into depth about the settings on the game, couple little mods like remap, exhaust, ecu and tyres that’ll do me maybe lighten the car too. Need to stop playing RDR2 and GTA for a week or so and get my rank up on this

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah I haven’t touched that 1 mill either, I’d like to get my hands on that spoon s2000 like get a video up on that

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I'm still struggling with the Porsche on High Speed Ring on the pad and you can't tune that to get around it.

What's wierd is the Silvia Qs I was doing the livery on, known commonly as being used for drifting in game and IRL, doesn't seem to want to let go of the back end at all but rather drive like a Gr X car on rails with major downforce on corners.

Big difference from GT Sport physics, something has been messed up somewhere.

Also the suspension on a lot of cars seems very boat like, for example an A-Class AMG rolls and understeers so badly that I would say it seems to move around more than my Santa Fe.

Not sure how any of you found the Clios to be suspension wise but without a suspension upgrade they seem the same as the Merc [emoji2371] it's more prominent watching back a replay

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Finally bought and installed this couple days ago.... They gave me the million credits too which was odd but don't look a gift horse and all that.

Not got ripped in enough yet to see any challenging handling characteristics, mainly been in the EDC trophy tbh and it's quite chuckable really, predictable, fun

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Anyone got any tips for the fuel saving mission with the Hakusoka GTR? I need another two tenths for gold.
My method is running the entire lap on fully lean except for the start and coming out of the final turn, in which I switch to full power. Run out of fuel shortly before the line and let it roll over but it's not enough.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I have no clue how some of you got that Gold in IA-10 that Mercedes on the Ring. I went on and had my first few goes on Super Licence S-1 i must of tried about 15 times crashing into the barrier and could not finish a lap, i eventually finished my 1st lap and somehow i came top of the leaderboard lol

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Sooo...

I've been playing this, this afternoon and I've just been blasting around my "control" track Deep Forest Raceway in a totally standard M4 and an M4 with splitter and rear spoiler...

M4 (1:44.184)
17fe6a54ae736-screenshotUrl.jpg

M4 Track Car (1:43.748*)
17fe6a78a4383-screenshotUrl.jpg

Now the M4TC has the front splitter and rear wing along with aftermarket wheels.

Tried both cars without TC and with TC. the results coincided with each other, basically quicker with TC because you could actually put your foot down without pirouetting over every undulation and every direction change. However, impossible to be smooth with a pad, because even with TC at 1 (which is all it needed), the car felt as though it was absolutely strangled.

I managed the above times after 3 laps (see images). However, even adding full suspension to the M4TC resulted in an absolutely dreadful time of 1:44.762... the car was actually slower. I had to change the brakes to Racing pads and Racing drilled discs to bring the time back down.

Granted I didn't tune the suspension but it's not like the set up is everywhere, e.g. 0.5° front camber and 5° rear & 90min toe out front and 30min toe in rear.

Is it just me? I want to enjoy this game but I just can't properly at the moment.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I have no clue how some of you got that Gold in IA-10 that Mercedes on the Ring. I went on and had my first few goes on Super Licence S-1 i must of tried about 15 times crashing into the barrier and could not finish a lap, i eventually finished my 1st lap and somehow i came top of the leaderboard lol
It isn't that hard, you need to watch the demo.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Stick the ghost on and offset it 0.5s, then try and catch it.

I usually try and do it with my own ghost, but the demo ghost is a good place to start too.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Good shout, I use to use the ghost on gt sport for the qualifing for the daily races, I haven’t used the ghost yet on this. I’ll be on tomorrow I think and try it. I eventually bought the Spoon S2000 , it was on special 250,000cr

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

I usually try and do it with my own ghost, but the demo ghost is a good place to start too.
Yeah, I tend to try and complete the section no matter how fast or slow and then improve from there. Once you've completed it as bronze or whatever theres a ghost to visualise your improvements.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Anyone got any tips for the fuel saving mission with the Hakusoka GTR? I need another two tenths for gold.
My method is running the entire lap on fully lean except for the start and coming out of the final turn, in which I switch to full power. Run out of fuel shortly before the line and let it roll over but it's not enough.

Just managed it. Set to 5 all the way round til I got on the final straight then stuck it to 6.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe

Same as what I said in a previous post, chasing your own ghost on this compared to previous GTs it doesn't seem to work as well as following the demo ghost at 0.5 ahead.

Been struggling on the pad with the A-4 licence test (not been bothering with the licences up to now).

Was hitting 29.83* everytime (or the wall 🤦🏻‍♂️😂) was really frustrating being 0.03* off gold.

Still using montion sense steering, changed my pad settings a few times until I got to this setup;
Controller steering sensitivity - 6
Force feedback max torque - 5
Force feedback sensitivity - 3
Also start using my middle finger for the brake trigger only as I can brake smoother with it.
IMG_20220402_150431_edit_3543523032791.jpg

Took 0.41sec of my time, looking at some of your results aswel seems I wasn't the only one finding it hard to bring the time right down.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah there’s a few licences where there’s little margin for error, I’m on now trying to do IA-10

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
this game, is getting to me quite a bit now on the licences, had to leave it and do something else so i had a blast on Missions and completed the first lot and got the VW Transporter and the American Jeep.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Yeah there’s a few licences where there’s little margin for error, I’m on now trying to do IA-10
I only did the licence so that I could do the next menu, I've always done licenses first but this seems a step up from previous GTs margin wise as you say

4GTS/7.5R/182
I struggled at first not only because I had to learn to use the newer controller, did only the first two licenses and completed the game first. Failed at gold on lots of missions too.

Then I turned to doing the final 700/800pp races and various other ones and I think doing these, especially the 630pp ones, requires enough precision that I finally got the hang of it.

Was able to clear every mission on gold after that and the whole IB was a breeze, now halfway through IA.

After that I have the circuit experiences to do and that b*****d 630pp Daytona which I cannot beat for the life of me!

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I switched the difficulty up to hard yesterday as I was finding some of the races a little tame, I didn't realise this effected the missions difficulty though. I've been tackling the overtaking mission on the Ring with the SLR Mclaren vs the A-Class Mercs, was at it for about 30mins and was about a tenth off gold.
Gave up and exited out, to see I was bottom of the friends ranking (being 2nd as I didn't overtake the last car) however my time was a good half second ahead of any of you guys. Dropped the difficulty to medium, got gold on my 2nd attempt. However now I feel guilty as I know deep down I can gold it on hard mode and my time was a good .4 off my original PB :LOL:.

Anyone finding the PP limits a bit useless? I raced the Pan-Asian cup yesterday, recommended PP 600. Tuned a 350Z using a few various parts and was absolutely miles ahead. Felt like I should have kept it stock and just added bits at a time and re-tried until it became competitive.
Still, being 12-15 cars a race it still took me until the last lap to catch the last car, the races feel more like overtaking challenges than actual races due to the rolling starts, then again if it was a grid start I'd have been ahead by the first corner probably.