ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Octy VRS
Nothing yet. R* have apparently registered some domains that would point to a modern day setting.

According to reports, Rockstar Games has recently registered new website domains that sound like they could belong to GTA 5's in-game Internet (assuming GTA V has an in-game Internet, as GTA IV did). The domains are: CashForDeadDreams.com, SixFigureTemps.com, StopPayingYourMortgage.net, HammersteinFaust.com, and LifeInvader.com. If they were indeed registered for GTA V's in-game Internet, then it suggests that the game is set in relatively modern times, since the World Wide Web only became popular in the mid-1990s. Some have speculated that CashForDeadDreams could be a parody of Cash4Gold (or Cash For Clunkers?), that HammersteinFaust is a parody of Goldman Sachs, and that LifeInvader is a parody of LifeLock, or even possibly Facebook.

Octy VRS
I'm going to pick it up again with the bundled dlc and pick up where I left off. I used to quite enjoy mucking about online pissed up late at night just on free roam. Used to have a right laugh mucking about with a load of other randoms at the airport.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Vice city is the best IMO. Nice size map decent weapons and vehicles! and Multiplayer on it was awesome.

It was called MTA and is probably still going! Started off as a homemade multiplayer mod and R* took the idea on board!

Octy VRS
I think VC had the best story and gameplay but I loved San Andreas simply for the stupid array of vehicles you could get. Jetpack, hovercraft, Fighterjet etc. I remember collecting all the different bikes in the garage at the airstrip along with all the good planes in the the hangar.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Last GTA came out in 2008?

Been playing GTA 4 a lot recently at home! Anyone else playing through it again?

Ahhh, thought it was a bit long but then I also thought the last one was called IV. What came after that one then?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Ballard of Gay Tony & The Lost & The Damned?

Oh so gtaIv is the latest then, I don't count the expansion packs.

I've just realised scutch has pulled up the oldest thread he could on the subject, which ended 2 years before it was released, hence the 2006 thing!

DCi
If you're on PC apparently you can get EVERY GTA game every for like a £5er off steam?
not quite...

nld9nr.jpg

although at xmas they had a mental sale and i got that GTA IV complete pack for £6.99 or something daft. :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Oh so gtaIv is the latest then, I don't count the expansion packs.

I've just realised scutch has pulled up the oldest thread he could on the subject, which ended 2 years before it was released, hence the 2006 thing!

LOL. I couldn't find another worthy of the game. I thought there'd be one with 100+ pages, but this was the best I could find.

Octy VRS
Have to say TBOGT is awesome. Really good missions, weapons and vehicles. The automatic shotgun is badass. Good to get base jumping back, cracking new vehicles etc. If they'd based the main game with this it could have been amazing. + Vice City FM, couldn't get much better. Miss the planes though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The mods you can do on the PC version are sensational, TBH. Shame I only have a poxy laptop. Loved this vid :

4 minutes in, the Ferrari's parked up : Incredible :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i modded mine so much the game broke, rear wheel steering subura impreza cop cars with no brakes are epic!!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
So is it easy enough to do then? The rewards look incredible.

yeah dead easy, guide here (watch the video)

i also used this program to edit the cars handling, this program is probably the one you will have most fun with, you can even turn cop cars brakes off with it!

GTAVHE1.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Bump bump.

Anyone fancy some gta banter after the football?

yeah dead easy, guide here (watch the video)

i also used this program to edit the cars handling, this program is probably the one you will have most fun with, you can even turn cop cars brakes off with it!

FFS. That looks far easier than editing the handling.dat file in notepad!

I've just slammed absolutely everything. Tried looking into 3D modeling programs to add on over fenders, change the wheels etc, but its a bit beyond me and I've just not got the time to teach myself :( lol

I also added Kaido from Forza, that's a nice little mod. Nothing really handles all that well though...

Last edited: