ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grand Theft Auto V

Bux

Golf GTD
My tesco order has apparantly arrived, but I'm still in work. :( Good thing I work flexi hours! Think I'll leave a little early today.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well I got a nice surprise on my trip home at lunch time. Not just that the game arrived (cheers Shopto), but also I got the Limited Edition hardback Guide from Amazon. I didn't even order the guide!!

image_zps40b5d103.jpg

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Mines arrived at home, cheers shopto!

Just got to wait for home time, might close up early. Lol.

BG Clio 182
Yeah turned out Amazon bundled my copy of the guide with the game, just went and picked it up from the Post Office! Wish i didn't have to work this afternoon otherwise i'd get stuck in = (

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah turned out Amazon bundled my copy of the guide with the game, just went and picked it up from the Post Office! Wish i didn't have to work this afternoon otherwise i'd get stuck in = (

I bought my game from Shopto, and Amazon have sent me the guide book. LOL!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Oh FFS. They haven't even BOTHERED to f**king deliver it!

Tracking site says they tried and failed to deliver, but no card left.

Useless bunch of arseholes.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Oh FFS. They haven't even BOTHERED to f**king deliver it!

Tracking site says they tried and failed to deliver, but no card left.

Useless bunch of arseholes.

Ahh. In which case, your point stands. Time to go to a shop and buy, then return the one you get in the post to the same shop, sealed.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
As Scutchio says, go get it.

Having played two hours last night, I am PROPERLY impressed.

I haven't had a GTA game since the PS2, so it seems better than amazing to me.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Apparently the normal postwoman couldn't lift the bags today or something, so an alternate postman did the rounds. That postman didn't know the code to get into the building. FFSnake. Now I have to wait all f**king afternoon before it'll be ready to collect from the delivery office at 5.

Titanium 182 FF
So are most people playing the game via the 'play' disc? if so are you experiencing any of the stream texture issues, objects pop in/off etc?
All previous GTA's I've played they have had them problems keeping up due to playing via the disc.

Weird now that Rockstar are stating you can have these issues when actually playing via the HD and not via the Disc.

S4 Avant
So I finished early today picked gta up in town and now installing it.

what am I supposed to be excited about? I live under a rock when it comes to computer games these days.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Pwned by weak females. Oh Cookie.

So I finished early today picked gta up in town and now installing it.

what am I supposed to be excited about? I live under a rock when it comes to computer games these days.

Just play it, you''ll see.

I'm no gamer, not at all infact, like 0%.

I've bought four games in the last two years, Gears of war, Fifa, Skyrim, and this.

DCi
The missus picked my copy up and I'm 200 miles away in Newcastle til Thursday night.

Working from home on Friday though so ill catch up...

S4 Avant
I see...

I'm most disappointed that the map says there's only one strip club. I love me some triangle Lara croftesque boobs.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
With out sounding like a di*k what do you have to do to play this as I have a M/C and a small hard drive .

Do you just put the cd in and play ?

Alan

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So are most people playing the game via the 'play' disc? if so are you experiencing any of the stream texture issues, objects pop in/off etc?
All previous GTA's I've played they have had them problems keeping up due to playing via the disc.

Weird now that Rockstar are stating you can have these issues when actually playing via the HD and not via the Disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
With out sounding like a di*k what do you have to do to play this as I have a M/C and a small hard drive .

Do you just put the cd in and play ?

Alan

360 I presume? You have to install one disc which is around 7.8GB. That is the space you need minimum.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I have no saved stuff any more on the M/C or the hard drive so I guess I will have enough ???

Alan

I don't know what size hard drive your machine is mate. The 360 comes in all sorts of sizes, HD wise. Some have only 4GB.

When did you buy it?

Titanium 182 FF
I've seen the video before Scutch, and understand the issues stem from the fact that if you install both the mandatory disc and 'play' disc to the HD then the game is reading data (for different in game parts) from the same source causing the lag issues.

What I am curious about though is do you still get these lag issues from playing via the disc only? (like previous GTA's)
If so, it seems a potential solution to play via a fast USB Drive as illustrated in the video. Just curious how everybody has chosen to play it, 16:30 can't come soon enough!