ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

graphics card "no signal" on monitor

Civic Type -R FN2
Just built this pc and and i cant get the graphics card to give out a signal. Its a geforce 6600 gt. Im using an as rock motherboard i dont understand why its not working. The fan come on a works and everything just no picture?

any ideas?

thanks tom

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
At the risk of sounding like i'm trying to teach grandma to suck eggs...

Have you checked all your cabling connections?

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
At the risk of sounding like i'm trying to teach grandma to suck eggs...

Have you checked all your cabling connections?

Civic Type -R FN2
molex? whats that?

edit: ohhhhhhh thats what the slot on the top of the gfx card is for?

Der Panzer
You haven't plugged the monitor into the onboard socket have you?

I've done that before. :eek:

Civic Type -R FN2
no andy i havent :/ where can i find these molex cables? the gfx card is used and didnt come with one

Civic Type -R FN2
can someone link me to the thing i need?

vinny it is a 6600gt as well, these any good?

thanks lads

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
molex%20connect.jpg

Civic Type -R FN2
thanks for the help but the connector to the graphics card looks like a mini pci slot on the top? that wouldnt fit it.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
thats for the SLI bridge. doesn't look like it has a power connector. is the fan running?

Have u tried another agp port?

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
if u have onboard video plug the monitor lead into that. install the drivers for the GFX card, the disable the onboard through the bios.

Civic Type -R FN2
on the mobo it looks like a monitor slot but the pins are wrong... i will try putting my other gfx card in installing the drivers for the geforce then putting the gefore back in. thanks for your help ill keep updating

Monaro VXR
Not got a PCI-E style connector on the card has it?

Should be a small black section in 2 lots of 3 pins.

Picture%202389%20copy.jpg

If so you need a plug in there to give the card power. technically does not require it but if its provided sometimes its needed. Otherwise make sure you have monitor plugged into the right port on the graphics card. And if the motherboard has onboard video that it is disabled in the bios. But with you saying about thepins chances are its a serial port rather than vga port.

Civic Type -R FN2
it is pci - e but no connector on it like that, as before the only thing i can see is a small gold pci bit on the top

Civic Type -R FN2
the problem is in the ram i put some in from my other pc and it worked no problem at all. strange but expensive :(