ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grating from brake pedal

clio
Hi,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here...

Every now and then there is a grating from the brake pedal, I can hear nothing from the brakes or discs.
Braking also doesn't seem to be as good.
It's on a 2003 172 non cup.

Had a good read on here and sounds like either warped discs or cracked abs ring. I've got new discs and pads was going to put these on at the weekend but I've had a bad back.

I'll have a good look when I'm better but are cracked abs rings common?

Thanks

Richard

Meg RS,172 and a dci
Cracked ABS rings are quite a common fault tbh on most of the Clio 2 range aswell as the old Meganes and Scenics!

check the inside of your rear discs bet they have corroded badly!! also your front pads are most likely down to the backing plate.

clio
check the inside of your rear discs bet they have corroded badly!! also your front pads are most likely down to the backing plate.

Thanks for the replies guys.

New rear discs last year (seized rear caliper cracked the disc!).

Am guessing it has to be the fronts then, will post back on here once I've had a look :)

Cheers

Rich