ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

great price on cambelt change from renault!!

clio 172
hi folks thought this might helpful to people living near nottingham

just got a quote for cambelt change complete kit plus auxbelt, waterpump and having the tdc sensor changed 450 quid all in!! i think thats a bargin

ask to speak to mike service manager

renault dealer
haydn road notts

Clio 172 mk2
That's not a bad price

I was quoted over £600 to have it done which is just ridiculous

For something so important I'd be tempted to take it somewhere like Rentech so at least you know the job is being done properly:D

Polo + Micra
syski said:
plus we are talking about a 2litre sex rocket not a 1.6 sh*t wagon!!!!!!!!!!!

lol and i bet you drive your 2 litre like a ponce cos it's a Renault sport and a bit special:rolleyes:

172 mk2 Iceberg
syski said:

:rasp: PMSL nearly slid off my chair....
maybe it is less for smaller engines but 160 quid seems a very very good price

M

mini-valver

Yeah because i'd lie about paying too little for a cambelt change, you weapon. I'm the one laughing if your paying 5-600 notes!! :rasp:

syski said:
Tha advanatge of having a smaller engine nice cheap cambelt times so more money for better things.

clio 172
Dink said:
lol and i bet you drive your 2 litre like a ponce cos it's a Renault sport and a bit special:rolleyes:

this seems very childish now!! my original thread was advise for 172/182 0n a cambelt change if you look back over previous thread it is a very good price for all the work plus extras WATER PUMP!!, SENSOR!! etc this was not for people who have less powerful clios, boyracer 172/182 wannabes get back in your prams until your old enough to get one!!

ps yes i am a total ponce but i likes to take my car to the limit!! and blow away wannabe like you end of story!!! :clown:

M

mini-valver

Your the one chucking toys about mate. if you wanted to just tell people the price you should have locked the thread, its a forum therefore replys will be made so get used to it and grow up.
Rant over

Polo + Micra
syski said:
this seems very childish now!! my original thread was advise for 172/182 0n a cambelt change if you look back over previous thread it is a very good price for all the work plus extras WATER PUMP!!, SENSOR!! etc this was not for people who have less powerful clios, boyracer 172/182 wannabes get back in your prams until your old enough to get one!!

ps yes i am a total ponce but i likes to take my car to the limit!! and blow away wannabe like you end of story!!! :clown:

lol old enough to get one, priceless

why haven't i bought one well the upgrade would be pointless and i wouldn't subject myself to buying another renault.

syski said:
0n a cambelt change if you look back over previous thread it is a very good price for all the work plus extras WATER PUMP!!, SENSOR!! etc this was not for people who have less powerful clios, boyracer 172/182 wannabes get back in your prams until your old enough to get one!!
Why change the TDC sensor? If its not broken no point new ones are modified but if the old one not broke why spend?

Water pumps a good idea.

Why would everyone want a 172/182 its not something I aim my life towards sounds more like someone who's got other issues.

clio 172
edde said:
Why change the TDC sensor? If its not broken no point new ones are modified but if the old one not broke why spend?

Water pumps a good idea.

Why would everyone want a 172/182 its not something I aim my life towards sounds more like someone who's got other issues.[/QUOTE

im having the tdc sensor changed coz it needs changing due to starting problems they are doing the work as a job lot, also edde i never quoted that a 172/182 was the best car on the planet i just happen to have one at present the only issue i have was trying to help people get a good price on a cambelt change then people gave there quotes on completely different engine ;)

Vectra :(
syski said:

ps yes i am a total ponce but i likes to take my car to the limit!! and blow any wannabe like you end of story!!! :clown:

Why would you do that? ;)

I love it when threads go Off Topic this quick and for no reason....Its what makes cliosport such a warm and welcoming place :D

Back on topic : Anything sub £300 is a really good price, personally tho i would question anything under 200 as has already been said the kit is £120 plus its quoted as a 6 hour job.