ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Green 1.2/197/R26 - re-shell ringer?

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
Ive seen it, wonder why he used a 1.2 is that an insurance dodge?

Surely you can buy a straight R26 for less money?? Am I missing something?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Personally my gut feeling would be that it came about the following way, but obviously im sure the seller will disagree, and im not accusing anyone here just saying what seems likely.

Rob a 197
Rob an R26

Build car from them

Buy 1.2 thats written off for peanuts, and stick the numbers on it.

It would be a megane not a clio?

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
If those Meganes at Oulton Park are anything to go by then thats not a bad thing IMO

Looks like its sold, Anyone here snap it up?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  TT QS
I've read about this. I think it came up on renault uk a while back. His story was abit strange iirc

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf

His ad says still booked as a 1.2 so I'd say defo an insurance dodge, would be very worrying driving it insured like that, get stop checked you'd be screwed, have an accident even more screwed.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have one thing to say about this car;

BRAP BRAP WIKID SIK MOTOR INNIT LUK AT DAT GREEN INTERIUR DAT s**t SENDS DEM BITCHES CRAZY AND FUK ME ITS AS FAST AS FUK INNIT DIS TING WOULD OVERTAKE ROCKIT SHIPS INNIT BRUV

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap
Wow you're a cynical bunch. LOL

If the guy works at a breakers/salvage yard, sounds like he used parts from cars that came in.
I think anything that's been scrapped/written off wouldn't be allowed back on the road, so by using the plates of the 1.2, he's got what was probably a write off (197 shell) on the road with running gear from a written off 225.

Written off 225 comes in the yard, he takes running gear

Written off 197 comes in the yard, but the shell is usable so he adds 225 running gear

Buys 1.2 and uses plates/I.D to get 197 on the road and uses 1.2 shell with 197 I.D at weigh in

Either way, not a great prospect for most buyers, but to someone not fussed it could be worth a punt.

Just a theory.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you're a cynical bunch. LOL

If the guy works at a breakers/salvage yard, sounds like he used parts from cars that came in.
I think anything that's been scrapped/written off wouldn't be allowed back on the road, so by using the plates of the 1.2, he's got what was probably a write off (197 shell) on the road with running gear from a written off 225.

Written off 225 comes in the yard, he takes running gear

Written off 197 comes in the yard, but the shell is usable so he adds 225 running gear

Buys 1.2 and uses plates/I.D to get 197 on the road and uses 1.2 shell with 197 I.D at weigh in

Either way, not a great prospect for most buyers, but to someone not fussed it could be worth a punt.

Just a theory.

Or he used the 1.2 shell with 197 body kit and 225 running gear etc....

Just a thought but the 1.2 and 197 have the same shell ;)